My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Weekend Assignment #82

Thursday, October 20, 20056:47:00 PM EDT
Feeling Quiet

Weekend Assignment #82:

http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway posted a weekend assignment. Since I haven't been up to par the last few days I'll make this my post for the day.
Weekend Assignment #82: What was your favorite bedtime story as a child?
Extra Credit: As an adult , have you shared that favorite bedtime story with a child?


I can't say i remember any stories being read to me when i was very young. Maybe it's just too long ago to remember, or maybe my mom was too busy raising 2 kids alone to have the time. Either way.. I can't share a childhood story.

However, I have had 2 kids of my own (loooong, loooong ago) After the usual Dr. Seuss books we graduated to something a bit more interesting and the one book i remember reading to them that really kept them asking for "the next chapter" was one called JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH by Roald Dahl. (then married to actress Patricia Neal... just an f.y.i in case anyone out there is old enough to remember her! )


Of course i read the book years ago to my kids, who are now grown, and since then James and the Giant Peach came out in a movie as well.


I can remember i would sit in a recliner seat with one son squished in on each side of me so that they could see the pictures as I read to them. The real fun part was trying to give the characters different voices. Who knew back then that people could get paid for "voiceovers"?!! Oh well, the most important people heard me.. my kids.

Have you any idea how many kids it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen? Three. It takes one to say, "What light?" and two more to say, "I didn't turn it on."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home