My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Moving Day...

*groan...

I'm so tired i can't think straight.
I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day.. and that ya'll are still eating!

Yesterday I began the horrendous chore of moving my aol journal entirely to blogspot. (though I will keep a mirror copy on aol, cause they are my IP)

For the life of me I cannot even fathom others moving their journals that have had them at aol for a year or more! I've only been journaling since the beginning of October and this has turned into something I could do without!! *more groaning.

I've gotten all of November here now and a few days of October so I AM making headway. One thing i haven't found out yet is what is the largest size for a photo in this template.. some of what is taking up my time is resizing my photos for blogspots journal. In aol I knew not to surpass 500 pixels.. but here seems to be much smaller. So far i can use 350 pixels in a photo..maybe 375 but nothing larger(even with marking "large" in the window to upload pictures)

Ah well.. tired as I am i will trudge along until it's all here! So eventually I hope those who never read my journal wander into "Archives".. or all this work if for nuffin'.

I'm so tired right now I've gotten silly i guess.. I scanned two photos for todays post just to put sayings under them ..heh.. it's the little things that get to you when you are tired and old! So here's my scans for today...


I imagined this fellow saying two things:

"Here i sit broken hearted.. paid a dime and only farted" (oh! did i say that?.. must be a senior moment)

and the other: "You said I'd have to wait HOW LONG before I'd get what I wanted?"


Some people just don't know when to leave a party!

When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone decide to play chess?

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

You seem to have a width of 430 pixels available there, but you probably shouldn't exceed 400 unless you want to fuss with changing your template's widths (which is tricky).

I'd love to back up the 500+ entries on Musings, online or off, but I just can't face all that work. I tried once before. I think I got about two weeks' worth saved to my hard drive and then gave up.

K.

3:33 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hey Karen.. yeah transferring was a horror!.. today i finished my nearly 2 months worth of journal to here. including the graphics! (resized) loads of fun..NOT!! but glad it's finally done!

What I do now is any time i put an entry in.. i copy it to "word" so i can't loose it like some did at aol, and.. for the time being i have a spot without animated ads.. though i will keep my aol "mirrored from blogspot".. for those who want the alerts.. it's also a backup.. heck who knows if this site might one day "crash"?!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

I can never "think straight"!!!
Sorry... its a bad pun... and one of the few jokes that I have!
Peace, Virginia

5:53 PM  
Blogger betty said...

loved the pictures of the skeletons. Any type of moving is not my favorite thing to do. I can only imagine how tedious it would be to do journal entries...hang in there Pat.

betty

9:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ha ha ha ha !!!!

I would go with the fart comment....farts are always funny. Do you think cavemen used to laugh when one of them farted?

Chris
My Blog
AOL Journal
Click here for recipes & food stuff

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pics are just hilarious! hahaha!

I don't know how others are transferring entire journals either. The work involved daunted me too much to even consider it, and I only started mine back in August!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home