My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Thanks Mom

How can anyone decorate their whole home, put up a Christmas tree and adorn it and wrap many presents.. and at one moment or another, not wish they were a kid again?

They are called the "innocent years" for a reason. It's a time when you still don't know how hard life can be, or how much your parents went through for you to have a dream filled Christmas.

Is it wrong to wish you could have that feeling once more? I don't think so. It's really not so bad to wish you didn't know all the "adult problems" and could once again believe in Santa, just for that one day. Wouldn't that be a grand gift? To have a day when you didn't realize anything except the joy of the day, and not to worry about tomorrow or even what will happen next.

It's such a grand gift we were given, and if you are like me, it's one you never really forget and pass on to your children for as long as it can last.

Some people don't think it's right to let their children believe in santa, even for just a day. If that is your belief then, then that is right for you, and whatever works for you cannot be wrong.

But for me, .. I wish I could have that day again.. be the child again with no worries, no stress, nothing but pure joy for that one day again. And i couldn't wish that if I didn't have it at one time in my life So.. thank you mom. Thank you for the very special Christmas's I had, and the memory that has lasted me all of my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Santa's real isn't he? LOL

I remember one night I was determined to wait for Santa, so I camped out on the couch next to the Christmas tree, and I stayed up as long as I could. When I woke up the presents were under our tree. My mom was Santa yes, and santa left me some good memories.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home