My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

To Mural or not to Mural?

Over at Roxymama's ( http://journals.aol.com/xxroxymamaxx/XXRoxyMamaXX/ ) she told of her daughter painting a mural on her bedroom door..(surprise surprise ma!)

Well, eons ago the same happened to my mother only it wasn't a door it was a wall! While at work one day my brother painted a mural on our livingroom wall! FYI it remained there until my mother moved from the apartment..heh.. (this was probably 45 yrs ago)

3 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

Is this the mural your brother painted? or the one on the bedroom door? My friend from Germany is an artist and she does professional Murals and some are soo beautiful that I would love to have one done. Especially for my daughter and My rooms. that last sentence was poor grammer. :0) lol (my last sentence not yours) Love the post picture which ever it is.

2:02 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Virenda: This is the mural my brother painted on our wall..

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents allowed me to paint two murals on walls in our house--one in my sister's room and one in an old storage room they let me convert into an art/writing studio. The one in my sister's room is gone--there was a leak in the roof that damaged the ceiling and the wall so all had to be replaced. The other is still there--my dad uses that room as his office now.

This mural is lovely and seems familiar to me. Is the design original? Obvious Chinese influence...seems like it must have been lovely for the livingroom. Good for him, and good for your parents--any parent that makes allowances for this kind of creativity!

Paula
http://journals.aol.com/paulajlambert/PaulaLambert-Author

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home