My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Round Robin..

The Round Robin (http://roundrobinphoto.blogspot.com/) for today is to show photo's of how ever you choose to have fun.

For this I decided to dig up an old memory.. one from October 1990 to be precise. It took place at yet another Star Trek Convention hosted by a dear friend named Sandy Zier.(at least at that time I THOUGHT she was a dear friend!) The guest of honor, was of course DeForest Kelley (Dr. McCoy).

On Mondays post I tried to prepair you for what was to happen to me and another gal just because we were always so thoughtful and so nice and so reverent (or is the irreverent?) to our club President named Sue.

For MONTHS leading up to this convention (she knew how to really make this Gotcha last a long.. long..long time!) Sue would keep talking about a surprise in store for me and the other gal I roomed with.(Utoh, a surprise?).. "IT" was to be a secret until Sue saw fit to let us know what "IT" was.

When I arrived at the hotel and met with the gal I was sharing the room with ,we were told that "the room wasn't vacant yet". Ok, so we waited. Little did we know that the hotel folks were in on "IT" and just stalling us until Sue could arrive from California. (Hmmm, I wonder if they got paid to help them? hmmm?)

Anyway, when the time finally arrived Sue came with us as we were all given keys to our rooms. It wasn't really odd that she would be with us, though the thought of "IT" jumping out at us as we entered our room came to mind. heh.

When we opened the door we found our room "TRASHED"!! The floor was covered with balloons, ...streamers hung from everywhere.... and even yellow disaster/ caution tape was strung up throughout the room! (well at least the yellow tape told the truth, it WAS a disaster!) I think I let out a slow... very long.. groan as I swam my way to my bed thru the balloons to put my suitcase down.

Ok, ok.. sooo after all, I guess I deserved this.. "this is IT right?"....
WRONG!

Ahhh.. there's more?

Why, yes... yes, there is.

*groan*.. oh no.. the bathroom too?

Mmmm, maybe..

*sigh* so we enter the bathroom. Low and behold, there "IT" was! In our bathtub! FILLED WITH SHAVING CREAM!... and... and.. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, "BONES"!!! How thoughtful! heh..

We laughed so hard we were crying.. or at least I was. (that is his knee sticking up isn't it??) It's funny how things start to snowball.. and this was one thing that snowballed big time! Before I knew it I was leaning over giving "our dear BONES" a kiss! From that time on Sue and Bones became "fair game"!

Could we just say ok.. you got us? nooooooooooo.

Could we just sit back and take it? Nooooooooooooooooooooo

So the next thing we did.. (once Sue and the others left us to our very trashed room!) was to give BONES a clean off and start taking pictures so that everyone would know. .. just how much we APPRECIATED the gifts we were given!

Soooooooo, we loaned BONES our bed. (it seems he wasn't very tired!)

He of course needed the potty after all the wine! (wine went right thru him)

And of course.. we danced. (he was light on his feet)

There wasn't much we didn't do with BONES.

When it was all over, poor BONES was all tired out from one l-o-o-o-ong party.

Here are some of the pictures that were taken when Sue decided to LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ... and roll they did! Thanks Sue for many fantastic memories I will never forget.



It just goes to prove................


When all was said and done and DeForest was on stage.. I dragged out my camera with the 300 zoom lens and did what I always did.. took MORE photo's of DeForest!



I hope you all have had many GOOD TIMES !!


9 Comments:

Blogger Dornbrau said...

Hahaha! I can't think of one comment to make that wouldn't get me tos'd!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

Great post!
But then, yours ALWAYS are!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Well, I tried emailing you but I couldn't figure out how. I did enjoy discovering your art in the process though. My answer to your question is back on my site.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

PS: I love the one on the toilet.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

ROFLMAO! Honey this is great. Impressive photos and this whole entry just made me smile wide! I LOVED this entry!!!

Always, Carly :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

Strange days, eh? Love the pictures of De!- K.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is funny.

11:30 AM  
Blogger betty said...

Bones certainly had a good time! Enjoyed reading this.

you really need to write a book.

betty

1:59 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

What great fun!

Thanks for sharing!

:)

Judi

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home