My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I was asked a question..


The other day in comments Sassy asked me what I did when i lived in California that I met so many actors... well.... my work had absolutely nothing to do with my meeting them!

I was a Receptionist/ Secretary for an Insurance Company for most of the time I lived there with the exception of a job I had for several months being a phone representative for a computer program.

For the last 3 years of my job with the insurance company the supervisor did all she could to make my life miserable hoping that i would quit. But since I have nothing but a high school education, plus the fact i was in my 50's, I wasn't about to leave... So for 3 years i cried each morning before I went to work. And after they finally found a way to fire me (everyone had to reapply for their jobs ..along with added work of course.. and they said i wasn't qualified.) I had a job that was very enjoyable. Working for a computer program called Traffic School To Go. Two people were Entrepreneurs and I was their only phone representative for several months, then they merged with another company and wanted someone who spoke Spanish as well as English.. so i lost that job. After that it was downhill.. no one wants to hire an old person. I won't go into it as it's too depressing.


Anyway, while there i went to many conventions and got to know most of the Star Trek people (since I already knew DeForest..) and then Autograph Shows popped up. I began to go to them and helped out a few dealers. The people running the show got to know me and eventually began asking me to help some of the "guests".. I think the first person I helped was Gordon Scott, he played Tarzan in the 1960's...

After that I helped a number of others including Dorothy DeBorba of the Little Rascals,


and Lou Ferrigno (The Hulk) I made this out of 3 photos I have of Lou...

(have to show this one.. tough job, but ya know.. I hadda help!)


and others including those I wrote of that have passed away.


Here in New Jersey I did help Ron Harper, a television actor who would be best remembered in the following television shows: "Land of the Lost" (1974) TV Series .... Uncle Jack
"Garrison's Gorillas" .... Lt. Craig Garrison
"Wendy and Me" (1964) TV Series .... Jeff Conway
"87th Precinct" (1961) TV Series .... Det. Bert Kling


And then there is Kevin McCarthy.. who i adore. he just turned 91 yrs young.




And the last show, as you know if you read my journal, I helped Kevin Sorbo (Hercules/ Andromeda)
(another of those tough jobs..heh)


I've been asked if there is anyone I wouldn't help at one of the autograph shows and the answer is .... Ooooooo, yessssssss.. you couldn't PAY me to help Gary Busey or David Carridine. 'Nuff said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

Hey :)

I have been a lifelong fan of Kevin McCarthy. I loved him in Invasion of the Body Snatchers. :)

As for Kevin Sorbo, well, drool! LOL! Lucky, lucky you! :)

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home