My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Patricks Monday Make Good

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
Name up to seven books you own that you've read more than once.


Can I just laugh now? I just posted my books for Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot! Take another look at them! I've read them ALL more then once, many more then twice, and plan to read them again!

I can't even pick out favorites! The fact that I keep them and re read them makes them all favorites at one time or another!

My main reason for reading fantasy (besides being able to leave the "real world") is Characters. If a book has characters that I find interesting or lovable or funny (etc. etc) I'm hooked! Then, I don't want to let them go. I want the author to keep writing using the characters so they remain in my life! So it goes to figure, the more books that author puts out using them.. the more I keep reading them!

I cringe when a character I like dies. But always hold out hope that since it's a fantasy and lots of wizardly things going on.. that maybe.. hopefully.. they will return somehow.

Fantasy books pretty much are always good against evil stories, of one sort or another. They contain the likes of Fairies, and Gnomes, and Wizards and who knows what else.. and they always manage to take me away from where I am. And that's something I will always be grateful for.



I have been known from time to time, to dabble in a little reality though. If you looked closely at the books below you will see a few books about our space program. "Moonshot" is one of my favorites.

I've talked about how I feel about the space program before and how much the astronauts are my real life heroes. So that pretty much says why I've read some of those books.








Occasionally, I read a biography too. If I have an interest in the person it is about. One of my favorites there is "An Open Book" by John Huston (Director/ movie actor/ father of Angelica Huston)













But my very first ever re-over book was J R R Tolkien's The Hobbit. And I can safely say I read it more then twice before I went on to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I was so in love with this book that my first purchase was in paperback.. my second purchase of it was in hard back, and my THIRD purchase of it was a special edition which included Tolkien's own artwork of it.

All in all, I want to talk and fly on dragons, fall madly in love with Belgarth the Sorcerer (among others!) , and live happily ever after in Hobbiton! Think I can do that?

... Ya think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home