My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Pill-popper...


Sigh.. it's going to be a really Lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong three weeks trying to give Missy a pill each day.
She already runs and hides when she see either David or me walking. Now, she's even figuring out "about what time" we will try to assault her by trying to shove a pill down her throat. It takes the two of us to accomplish this, and even with that it's a struggle.


When we took her to the vet and the vet said they would give her the first pill it was a riot! One.. two... three, times she managed to spit it out, even though these professionals know how to give a pill to an animal.

So,.. out came the long tube affectionately called a "pill popper".. this tube you can put the pill on one end and be able to push it far back into the mouth of the animal so that they can't get it under their tongue to spit it out.

Heh.. Missy managed to spit it out 3 more times, before it actually got swollowed.

Any guesses how thrilled we are trying to do this??

Missy is one of the older cats, at least 13 yrs old according to vet records, plus no one is really sure since she, like all the others, is a stray. So, she could be older. Her fur is no longer as nice as it used to be, and she's had to have dental work done before. All in all, she's the first of the cats here that "I" have tried to give medicine to, that I haven't been able to do without feeling like I might be hurting her. Maybe she just has more fear then the others and so reacts like we are trying to "do her harm.".

Whatever it is... this is NOT going to be a fun time folks.

p.s. wow, blogger must be having problems! It took me 2 hours to be able to upload the photo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Blogger did have some problems. I wasn't able to view some journals.

I wish there was a way to stop cats from acting on instinct. I have been clawed enough times as it is.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home