My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Where I am from...

I found Where I'm From on Donna's site and decided to try it.. you should too!

***************************************************************
I am from an Irish father and a English mother.
I am from a small town in the eastern state of New Jersey. A small town that had only one traffic light, one elementary school and no high school. I'm from wild Tiger Lilies lining a creek that flowed thru part of the town. I'm from a 4 family house with a chicken farm next to it and a home with a small sheep pasture next to it.. I am from a town that had no movie theaters, or things to do. I am from an after school playground going higher then the bar on the swing.
I am from a family without a father. I am from a mother did a man's job in a nearby factory but did not get the same wages the man next to her, doing the same thing I am from a mother who raised two children by herself. I am from an unknown family. I am from a mother who was adopted and from a father who was a singer and a musician.
I am from the poor side of the tracks and thrift shop clothes. I am from never having said the word "daddy".
From hearing that my birth grandparents on my mothers side was someone of some distinction: a "Lord" in England. And that my grandmother by birth came back when my mother was 7 and wanted her back, but the court asked the child who she wanted to live with, and of course chose the only mother she knew. I am from coal and wood burning stoves and irons that had changing handles.
I am from by birth an Episcopalian, by choice Methodists and Presbyterian and now none at all.
I'm from Salvation Army camps, eating home made cookies at my neighbors, playing "pretend" under the front porch, and reading used Zane Grey books.
I am from puppies and turtles and kittens born on windowsills, from wild strawberries and wild violets, and fromcatching frogs in streams. From big band and rock and roll music and the Syncopated Clock on t.v.
I am..... me.
*****************************************************************

1 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

Very Cool! I've seen this in a couple of journals.... not sure I'm up to trying it myself though ;p

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home