My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Why

Tell me why...

After today's post, in which I describe an anonymous comment person who constantly tries to leave a comment with a link "to earn money", they very nicely posted yet another, on to that very post. (then again later on two more.. I've deleted this person 6 times so far today)

Why?

Why does this person keep posting when they can already see their comments are not showing?


Why does someone invade my little space? (yes invade)

Why would someone want to be where they are not wanted?

Why would someone purposely destroy what little joy a 62 yr old woman gets by keeping a journal by insisting on trying to advertise in my comments?

Did I do something to this person?

It seems vicious to send the same comment on a post that lets them know it is upsetting.

why? why are they doing this?

I am trying to calm down before I decide..but I think my decision has been made for me, that I will soon delete all my posts and give this person one less blog to intrude upon.

I don't need to spend my time deleting comments that advertise, that wasn't the purpose of my journal. The purpose was to give myself an outlet to write. Maybe I will calm down enough to rethink this but I'm afraid this person has pointed me in the direction of eliminating my journal.

I hope that anyone else that reads this and has had the same intrusive person makes sure that their comment posts never show. I have tomorrow's Round Robin ready so I will post it tomorrow.. sometime after that I will close this blog.. Addendum: 2 more were added last night after i logged off.. that makes 8 in 24 hrs... why?


I want to thank those of you that read my journal and have treated me like a human being... I'll still come around and read those that I normally do.. thanks again.

And lastly I'd like to thank the person who keeps posting those comments in my journal.......I'm sure that this makes your day... whoever you are..

4 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

O.K... been gone for a few days (visiting G., and yes, I had a GREAT time), and you are talking about closing your BLog??? No, No, No! Don't let them win! Just do the moderation thing

{LOL} And, as I am typing this I glance down and you ARE doing the moderation thingy... Good for you!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

As I commented in the other entry, it's almost certainly not a live human being doing this to you. Don't let a spambot freak you out! Just do the letter salad thingy. - K.

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen's right: They use automated scripts to find comment forms and leave spam. I've had a real problem with them at my site, and word verification seems to have stopped it. The people who run these programs don't even visit your site personally, so they have no idea whether or not their comments get published. I think they get paid on click-throughs, so never, NEVER click on those links!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home