My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Contact..

I'm going to cover two things today.. the first one is a "Hooray" moment !! I called Kevin McCarthy over the weekend and he definatley wants me to help him at the Chiller show that will be in just a few weeks!! I couldn't get a hold of him via email so I called.. he said he was glad I called and he is also happy to know I will be there on that Saturday to help him. I've aided him three other times (once in california).. so this will be number four.

It never ceases to amaze me that 95% of the people who get his autograph seem to think Invasion of the Body Snatchers was nearly all he's done.. boy is that ever wrong!! Not only did he appear in many movies but scads of televsion appearances, add to that his stage appearances. (Give 'em Hell Harry, was his one man show) Ah, well.. I will be really glad to see him and I'll take some new photo's of him to put in the journal. Age doesn't seem to slow him down, bless him, he's 92 and still working!!

I have to say this: whenever I help Kevin, not only do i get to hear story after story as each fan comes up to him as to how much they enjoyed him or what a certain movie meant to them, but i also get time for our own chatter.. during this time, last we met, I learned something i didn't know about Kevin. We had been talking about my friend DeForest Kelley and some old movies he had made when Kevin announced the fact to me that he had made a remake of DeForest very first movie (Fear in the Night). Not only did he do a remake of the movie, but he played the same part that DeForest did! The movie was renamed to "Nightmare" and co-starred Edward G Robinson (who played Paul Kelly's part) Unfortunately, as much as i'd love to see the one Kevin made it's not out on any format that he knows of.. boy, how I'd like to see it! Kevin did promise me that if he ever got a copy of any sort he would make me a copy, but alas two years later.. still no movie, sigh.
































Kevin in Invasion of the Body Snatchers











*********************************************************

On completely different note.. I just watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003) for the umpteenth time .... And I just want to know one thing... is Sean Connery never going to get old????? Dang it, he's 76!! and was 73 when he made that movie, and he still looks great!! (in reference to my post on face lifts.. I am sure glad he never got one!!!)






Sean Connery ........ Allan Quatermain
Naseeruddin Shah .... Captain Nemo
Peta Wilson ......... Mina Harker
Tony Curran ......... Rodney Skinner (The Invisible Man)
Stuart Townsend ..... Dorian Gray
Shane West .......... Tom Sawyer
Jason Flemyng ....... Dr. Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde
Richard Roxburgh .... M
Max Ryan ............ Dante




Reportedly, he has said he'll only make another movie if the script is worthy. Well, duh.. I assumed that's the only reason he did any movie!

So many "stories" have surrounded him over the years.. I don't know what to believe or not believe, I just know I always enjoy watching him.. he's one of the really good actors, and he has that captivating voice and little lisp that just adds to his persona. Whatever it is.. I rarely miss a movie he's in, and more often then not buy the movie (I bought this movie but watched it on regular television anyway). I have favorites of his of course, more recent, would be Finding Forrester, which i loved, and one that I really can't see enough of is "Medicine Man".

Well, I think I'd better move my butt.. I need to take a few flower pictures outside.. a few new things are beginning to bloom.. but that's for another post.

My wild oats have turned into prunes and All Bran.

3 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

Sean Connery... {drool}

11:51 AM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

First, hooray!
Second, I'm with astaryth...Sean Connery's "sexiest man" vote a few years ago was well deserved. ;)
Third, thanks for recent email. Much appreciated.:)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

First of all...

:) It nearly stops my heart that you can pick up the phone and call Kevin McCarthy! I have LOVED everything the man has ever done, Yes of course Body Snatchers, but all the TV movies and guest appearances as well. How cool are you to bring these little moments to us to share in your hooray moments. Cool...VERY cool. :)

As for Sean Connery...I don't care if he gets older...LOL...I am just way too busy...SIGHing! :)

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home