My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weekend Assignment...

John's Weekend Assignment #116: The Things We Share With Dad

Weekend Assignment #116: Tell about some personality trait or quirk you got from your father -- or, if you're a father, some personality trait or quirk of yours you see in your kids.

Extra credit: Did you ever get dad a tie for Father's Day?

This one isn't that easy for me to answer, because my mother and father were divorced right after I was born. But as you can see.. one thing I got from my father, was to look like him!



I did know that when my mother met my father he was in a band. He played the big upright Bass (unlike the new fangled ones that one can wear over their shoulder like a guitar). He was also a singer.


Whelp... his voice I did NOT inherit! (you'll have to trust me on that one, cause I ain't about to sing!) But I did inherit the want to be in a band. Which as you know if you've read my journal for any amount of time, I did do.. though it wasn't for long. I'm just glad I got to do it, no matter how short it was.

And that's all I know about my Father.. so if I inherited anything else... I don't know about it! ... oh, and for extra credit.. ummm, no I never bought him a tie. (hard to buy any present for someone you never met)

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's and Granddads out there!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

You got his nose.

I know a little bit about my dad. He never really talks about himself to me.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, two thoughts. First, you look JUST like your dad. Second, you look so much like you did when you were 11-12. It's amazing how little your face changed from then to now. Hell, I look totally different than I did when I was 12. Then again, that sex change operation I had did a lot of changes:)


Chris
My Blog

5:34 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

You do resemble him. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to know him well.

Always, Carly

3:57 AM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

You do like a lot alike (I know I'm repeating what everyone else has said, and what you said yourself, but it is remarkable!). I also had the same thought as Chris, that your face has changed so little--also remarkable. That's a very, very pretty picture of you!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

look a lot alike--sorry. The picture is very pretty, but it's also rather mature--you look older than 11 or 12. But then, with all the pictures you've posted of yourself here at various ages, it seems you were used to being photographed and that you are very photogenic (I'm not--that's why I'm always thrilled when I see a decent photo of myself...!). Yet you say you don't enjoy getting your photo taken? Hm...

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home