My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

7 Quick Minutes...

Can I say that I nearly dirtied my pants yesterday? Heh, probably more than you wanted to know huh?
Well... lemme tell ya sumpin'... I was scared!
Just about the time I was finishing up putting my last post in about the shuttle, I could hear thunder off in the distance, so I do what I always do when I know lightening is coming and I shut down my computer, turned off my tv (I was still watching the "after news" on the shuttle) grabbed the book I've been reading and sat on my bed to read. I try to distract myself, as lightening scares the heck out of me. Ever since my X phoned me when a storm came up to remind me the cellar windows were opened so that I would close them... and this little blue "lightening" went from my lip to the phone... yep I got a fat lip! Since then.. me and lightening do NOT get along.. and yesterday was Nooooooooooo Exception!
Within moments of grabbing my book I glanced out the window and could see the rain coming down in sheets! I got up to look out another window.. in which I could see NOTHING it was coming down so fast and the wind whipped up within seconds!
The next thing I saw was a big part of a tree pass my window on its way to the ground! I yelled down to David that I thought a tree came down! The very moment I yelled that my brother yelled that there was a big bang outside but on the other side of the yard.
I looked outside and ran out of my room! First off you couldn't even see outside! Secondly, I thought the tree that is within feet of my window was going to come down!
By the time I went down 12 stairs (rather rapidly for an old woman!) and called David again and we went to the front door the rain was almost stopped! Totally unreal! We opened the door to the storm door and a big branch lay on the walk to the door and looked like it was over the car in the street also! Then we looked to the other side.. good grief Charlie Brown! A really huge chunk of that tree by my window had come down! Right across the fence (breaking it naturally) and all the wires coming to our house were torn from the house and laying under the branch! Miraculously, we still had power!

4 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Wel that is horrendous! Such damage in seven minutes!!

It'slike that almost Tornedo we had at the beginning of January,,,and I lost that HUGE Euphorbia plant in the front of my house...
It is shocking how quickly something like this can happen....And very very scary, too.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

That is a bit scary. Well look at it this way, at least no one got hurt, and you still have power.

I hope that the fallen wire issue is resolved ASAP, because that is dangerous.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Bill, the Wildcat said...

Yikes! Yeah, that's pretty frightening stuff. I'm always telling my kids they don't need to be scared of thunder, but in the back of my head, all I can think is, "Lord, please don't prove me wrong!"

2:04 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

that's funny, we had a similar storm here in Atlanta on the 2nd. Kinda rough. I'm like Bill the Wildcat, i constantly assure my girlfriend that "everything is fine" while in my mind i'm running to hide under the covers.

Glad you're okay though, those were close calls.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home