My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Nice Surprise..

In my last post I mentioned a man named Gregg Hunter, who did a call in radio show out in California. The talk was all about old movie stars and movies. I also mentioned that I searched the web and found his name and email, and that he did some writing for a newspaper of some sort.

Well.. much to my surprise he responded to my email. I am posting it below because for anyone who wants to hear him.. you can! Unfortunately, for me, it's still from the west coast, so 9 pm their time is midnight here... and this old fart doesn't stay awake late!

But just the same I know a few readers are from the west coast and if they are interested in hearing his talk show all you have to do it go to CRNI.net, choose channel CRN1, (across the top) then choose, How to Listen (on the left) and then (on the right) under Now Playing, Listen Live, choose CRN1. That will load the cable radio and buffer it and then you will hear live radio. Remember: 9 pm Monday night WEST COAST TIME (midnight East Coast Time).

Here is the email I got from Gregg:

What a nice surprise to hear from you. Yes, the last I heard Turhan is very much alive -- and so am I. His attempt at a comeback was not very successfully as Hollywood has a very short memory. Coincidentally I just did an interview with the biography author of actress, Patricia Neal. She's alive, 80, and doing medium well.. Caught a glimpse of her on he TONY awards marking 60 years since she was the first winner. Time marches on!

Though KIEV was sold and then totally obliterated, I was only off for a week or two and am still at the microphone with the familiar format. Even on the east coast, you can catch my current CRN network show on Monday eves at 9 PCT -- midnite in your area. Just log on to CRNI.net channel one and there I am doing the same sort of thing I did alll those years on KIEV. No more 6 nites a week -- I had to get a life while there's some left in me. But old habits are hard to break! If you have a problem downloading CRN you can your nearest station or cable connection; for CRN by calling 818 352-7152. And if you'd like to talk Hollywood and more with me 'on the air' dial 1 800 336-2225 and just tell my producer you're an old friend of 'Gregg Hunter's World". If I'm doing an interview, either listen by phone or leave a call back number. Thanks again for getting in touch. All best -- "COUSIN GREGG"


3 Comments:

Blogger fifipoo07 said...

Hi sorry not been back since it went off but discovery is back safe and sound woohoo!!Pippa

7:50 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How nice that he is still at it! Like he said, you can't keep a good man down, or something like that...lol!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the guy who used to call Gregg on a regular basis and terrorize that old fruit. We all miss calling Gregg!

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home