My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Emma Leaving Harry?


Oh, how I hope this isn't true! I know, it can be a ploy for more money.. but she's also a young lady who's had most of her youth laid out much differently then she would have if she had not taken the part.


But most of all I hope, because she has become an actress at such a young age that she is not taking the "down" road like many child actors have before her.


Posted by Scott Weinberg on Wednesday, Sep. 27, 2006, 08:32 AM


Scott Weinberg writes: "In a move that could be best described as "contract negotiation hardball," young actress Emma Watson just dropped a bomb on the producers of the "Harry Potter" series. Seems the actress is not yet signed for the final pair of Potter flicks, and she's hinting that she might not even want the gig anymore


From IGN FilmForce: "Emma Watson, who portrays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, has not yet committed to starring in the last two installments of Warner Bros.' mega-franchise. And she doesn't seem overly eager to do so.


"I don't know yet," Watson told Newsweek when asked about returning for the sixth film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. "Every film is such a huge production, and it's a long time." Unlike her co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, the sixteen year-old actress isn't even sure if she wants to keep acting.


Potter producer David Heyman said losing Watson "would be a hard thing to change and it would be disrupting ... but ultimately (the films' young stars) have to do what's right for them. This is their lives." But he added, "I'm cautiously optimistic that it will work itself out."


If Hermione is recast it would not be the first cast change for the franchise. Michael Gambon was cast as Albus Dumbledore after Richard Harris died.


Or is this just all a publicity ploy by Watson and her reps to acquire a bigger paycheck for films six and seven? Gary Oldman, who plays Sirius Black, almost didn't return for the now-filming Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix after having his own highly publicized salary row with the filmmakers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

I was disappointed to learn she might not be a part of the Harry Potter series anymore, she is a lovely girl and a good actress and someone else in the role just wouldn't be the same.

3:20 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I know you won't believe this Pat, but I haven't seen any of these films...So, I don't know this young actress at all! But, I know that when people are so young, it can feel more like a prison than a wonderful thing to do...after, what..3 or 4 of these films? Especially if, indeed she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life...As they used to say in radio...Stay Tunedm huh?? (lol)

As to me having a party once a month in my house..If I could afford to do that< I would!! Not a big huge party, but 6 or 8 for dinner, etc. For me, ir would be a wonderful way to have visitors and see people, given my health issues, you know? Over a year ago, I said I wish I could do that because I always loved entertaining and I love people!
Ahhh well....until my ship comes in....These "Virtual Party's" will have to do! I must say it is fun when someone in the blogesphere has a virtual party..One is only limited by your imagination...! Fun!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home