My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It seems like yesterday..

Naomi, over at Here in the Hills did a post showing photos from a snowstorm from the 1960's. This got me to thinking (and searching) for what I could find of an old snow storm.

I did manage to come up with the photo below. 1969. Barely made the 60's, but it meets it by .. oh.. not much lol.

This is my first born son, George. He will be 41 in January.. he was about 2 1/2 here. I looked for a similiar photo of Tom but didn't come up with one right away and got tired of looking, so all you get is one photo!

The photo, rather quickly, brings to mind the movie "A Christmas Story".. in it "Randy" (Ian Petrella), who plays the smallest boy, is "overdressed" to the point that when he falls in the snow .. he can't get up again! Now, I could be wrong (but I don't think so!) the same would apply to this photo of my son George!! Hmmm, maybe he should have gotten the part huh?!

5 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

It looks as if he wouldn't be able to walk in that stuff, its so high.

My mom never got pictures of us like that. I think I will get every shot I can think of if I have kids. LOL

11:47 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Wonderful picture Pat! Such a feeling of the magic and "cold" of snow! Where was that?

12:07 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Naomi.. the photo was taken in Irvington NJ.

Charles: I'm sure he could barely move in all the clothes lol.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can see Randy in that photo! lol

5:49 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

SOMEwhere around this house I have some pictures from a HUGE storm we had too... I'll have to find them and post them! ONE day... This is adorable! I bet he had a LOT of fun that day! (and for several days after too!)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home