My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Calgon...take me away!

Oh hooray, the 4th rainy day in a row...
Anyway, I finally (blurry eye and all) finished Mistress Of Dragons by Margaret Weis.

I wondered even before I opened it if she could get me to like these new characters. I love the Dragonlance characters and sometimes it's hard to let new ones into my life. I'm glad to say she succeeded! Though not as profoundly as the ones from the other series, she did manage to make a character that kept me wanting to read more about him. (this is a good thing). I don't want to give away anything in case someone might want to read this particular series, I'll just say I'm looking forward to beginning Book 2 The Dragons Son, and then on to the last one Master of Dragons.

On a different note: those who read my journal in aol know I have a mirror copy in Blogspot, and those in Blogspot know I have a mirror copy in AOL. Well, it seems that Blogspot is making a major changeover to a "newer and better blogspot" (we know how that goes, bigger is not always better. It's just more "stuff" that only a few people use, and for people like me it's a PITA) So, I am contemplating deleting my blogspot journal. I haven't decided for sure yet but after sleeping on it, so far, my mind hasn't changed.
I hate just having the aol journal because I still can't stand the animated banner on my journal.. it was so nice at blogspot not to have flashing ads on it! But I will give aol credit where credit is due.... when aol does an "upgrade" to their journal, no one has to "switch over" or "make another account" etc.(which also makes no sense to me Google already owned Blogspot, so they already have my information) Aol just shuts down for a few hours and when you next go to your journal the only thing changed is a new button here or there. You can use them or ignore them.. of course, I ignore them. For that I give them credit, they make it easy and no one has to go about re-customizing their journal because it remains exactly as you left it before the "upgrade".
I'm looking into WordPress ( a place you can make a free journal/blog) because i read where it can move my whole blogspot journal over to them, but I still don't want to re learn another whole way of blogging so I doubt I will do that, plus I don't think they allow animation there. But for now, it remains an option.
We'll see... I'm going to wait a few days before I decide what to do. Right now I am busy being ticked off at Blogspot for not giving me the option to keep what I have or "upgrade". I'm not even sure I'll keep the aol one going if i shut down the blogspot one. (between hometown errors trying to upload pics and the banner I'm not happy in aol journal).. so maybe it's just time to let it all go.
I will admit that 4 days of rain might be clouding my judgment at the moment... And no matter what I decide, I can still read the journals I've been following and keep commenting so none of that will change.
Hoping for a sunny day tomorrow...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will check that series out at the library.


I have never regretted my decision to switch to Typepad. I know it costs money - but it really isn't that much. For some - its just giving up a few Starbucks a month. (for me - a handful of trips to the store for chocolate HA!)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I updated to beta... and now they've eliminated "beta" test and we are supposedly "new" but now I can't transport my blog over to wordpress.. as I had planned. And I can't do all the new bells and whistles for the "new" because I don't have a blogspot template

I'ts a mess

11:44 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: i thought on it.. but my SS is so small that's a luxury I can't go for.

Pamela: why can't you transport over to WordPress? I've only read around at WordPress and it said it could transport ...ohhh, maybe because it's not "blogspot" anymore? IT said it could transport from blogspot.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Pat!! Don't go!

I've updated all but one of my blogs from the "old" Blogger to the "new" Blogger. It's not nearly as difficult as it seemed, and in fact, once you do it, adding new features to your sidebar or changing colors or typefaces is about 1000% easier.

And the remaining blog that hasn't switched over to the new template still works fine. I don't think it's at all mandatory that you upgrade your templates.

It's not as bad as it seems. Really. If you decide to stay and you need any help, just let me know.

1:06 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

You might consider switching over. It really doesn't change your blog at all and it makes it easier to post to other sites.

Is this series by Margaret Weis as dour as the Dragonlance books? I haven't read them in a while, but they always struck me as a little depressing. I'm hoping the Weis one's are a little more hopeful.

1:09 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It's a real dilemma...And I don't understand why we have to re-sign and all that....I'm just going to wait it out and see what happens...
I hate to think of you not having a blog Pat....I hope it stops raining there and that THAT Brightens your mood!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

". so maybe it's just time to let it all go."

why do you like to push my buttons like this?

Huh?

4:38 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Patrick: From what i understand sooner or later you won't be able to work in "the old blog" Won't be able to post. If I thought I could leave it as it is I'd have no problem.. I think they are going to "shut down" the old blogspot.

SQT I don't have problems posting to other blogs once i knew I had to be signed in mine in order to not leave the comment as "other". But then once I knew i could comment as "other" that didn't bother me, as long as i could comment I was fine.

I never felt depressed in the Dragonlance series so not sure about the dour part. I am several chapters into book 2 and all I know is I keep reading to see what going to happen!

Kiyotoe: you know I will still be around for any graphics to be done lol

I really wish I could read somewhere when the "cut off" is going to happen.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

I was very suspicious about the changeover myself, but I finally caved and did it. There is essentially no change in the way you blog. You won't be lost or having to relearn anything. I didn't lose my templates or history. The only thing that happened was the day I made the switch a lot of my comments switched to "Anonymous", but only for that day.

I think you should make the change. You won't be disappointed.

Ian

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing to think about is that it is harder for people to comment on an AOL blog. Everytime I try, it tells me I have to sign up. Some folks (including me) do not want to sign up for things.

If I am wrong, someone correct me because I would love to comment on some blogs.

5:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I know Jeff... I don't expect anyone from blogspot to comment over there..it's one of the reasons I started blogspot, I didn't like that everyone couldn't comment. only aol or aim members...

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home