My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Give and Take..

Is this a case of: what the right hand gives................

Indiana Jones 4 set to shoot in 2007 Associated Press
Published: Saturday, December 30, 2006

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- George Lucas said Friday that filming of the long-awaited "Indiana Jones" movie will begin next year.

Harrison Ford, who appeared in the three earlier flicks, the last one coming in 1989, is set to star again.
Lucas said he and Steven Spielberg recently finalized the script for the film.
"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the 62-year-old filmmaker said during a break from preparing for his duties as grand marshal of Monday's Rose Parade.

Exact film locations have not been decided yet, but Lucas said part of the movie will be shot in Los Angeles.
The fourth chapter of the "Indiana Jones" saga, which will hit theatres in May 2008, has been in development for over a decade with several screenwriters taking a crack at the script, but it only recently gained momentum.
Lucas kept mum about the plot, but said that the latest action flick will be a "character piece" that will include "very interesting mysteries."
"I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.
At the inaugural Rome Film Festival in October, the 64-year-old Ford said he was excited to team up with Lucas and Spielberg again for the fourth "Indiana Jones" installment. Ford said he was "fit to continue" to play the title role despite his age.
Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's "Raiders of the Lost Ark," 1984's "Temple of Doom" and 1989's "The Last Crusade."
Lucas praised Ford for breathing life into his character.
"Mostly it's the charm of Harrison that makes it work," he said.
© Associated Press 2006


.... the left hand takes away?
Indiana Jones' New Year's Resolution? by Bridget Byrne Sun, 31 Dec 2006 03:51:00 PM PST
New Year's Day you'll see George Lucas and his personal empire pulling out all stops as he turns his grand marshal gig at the Rose Parade into what's being billed as a Star Wars "spectacular" celebrating the hugely successful franchise.
But when it comes to his other hugely successful franchise, 2007 may—or may not—be a bellwether year.
On Friday, Lucas was quoted is a widely disseminated Associated Press report that filming on the long-gestating fourth installment of the Indiana Jones saga would begin shooting this year, partly in Los Angeles, and would hit theaters in May 2008.
The AP article quoted Lucas saying that he and director Steven Spielberg had recently finalized the script—something that had occupied the time and talent of numerous screenwriters.
"It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet," the wire service quoted Lucas, who co created and executive-produced 1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
But by Sunday, the 2007 start date didn't seem so solid. A Lucasfilm spokesman said he couldn't confirm all the details in the AP story, suggested the report might contain some inaccuracies and referred E! Online to Spielberg's company, Amblin, which would oversee the fourth installment.
The Amblin representative in turn said the AP story didn't appear to be entirely accurate. While acknowledging that a lot of people want to get the movie to "happen," he said the article appeared to make plans sound more definite than they were at this time as it had omitted such words as "hopefully" from Lucas' comments. The Amblin rep said the company may announce something official on Indy 4 this week, but quickly qualified that with the word "hopefully."
Whether or not he gave a firm start date, Lucas did say the movie would be a "character piece" with "very interesting mysteries," and added that Ford, now 64, is "fit to continue" playing the fedora-favoring hero. "I think it's going to be really cool," Lucas said.
Lucas, Spielberg and Ford have been teasing fans about Indy 4 for more than four years now. Last March, Ford told a German magazine that the script "was in hand" and filming was imminent. Indeed, a rep for Spielberg hinted to E! Online at the time that Spielberg could begin rolling cameras "before 2007."
I will be very happy when I hear it's in PRODUCTION!
IMDb also lists Sean Connery, John Rhys Davies, and Natale Portman as "rumored" to be casted! I do like the lineup!!!!
*****************************************************
On a different note...
I used my gift certificate for Barnes and Noble and ordered some books! (thank you Annie!)
The first is called "A Goblin Quest" by an author I've never read before, but the write up sounds like I could get a few smiles while reading it so I was first on the list...

Then I am trying yet another new author (to me that is).. Trudi Canavan..

So I will be looking forward to those coming in the mail.
I am reading a trilogy at the moment by Margaret Weis, so I'm not in a hurry for them to arrive but I'm sure they will come this week. I wish they were hard backs but they aren't. Over the years I've gotten to like hard backs best. Maybe because if I really like what I read, I keep it forever and every so many years I reread it again and again. Some of my older paperbacksare really getting yellow and brittle.. this upsets me no end. They are books that have been reprinted but... there's always a but... they change the cover art. Now this may not see like anything to most, but I get to like the artwork on fantasy books and have even purchased books by the artists, if they have one published. I have books by Frazetta and Boris and Sweet and others.. i really hate when they reissue a book that they change artists!
I would love love love to get David Eddings books about Belgarion, my Dragonlance series with Raistlin, and the first 6 books on Pern in hard back. They are all falling apart from multiple readings! I don't know if it's true, but I have read (somewhere) that the paper quality in hard backs is better and so lasts longer. Figures, so it's probably true.
I once followed Eddings 5 books on sale in Ebay. Boy how I wanted them.. the price started low, but if you've ever watched something you wanted up until the last few minutes of the auction you know "anything" can happen. And it did! They went for much more then they are worth... but my heart sank just the same lol. Oh well..
*********************************************
Before I leave I want to thank everyone for "health suggestions".. I will try to get to a doctor, but it's more complicated then for most, since I cannot leave my brother home alone. David works during the day and nights and weekends are not when one can find doctors hours. I am not in pain. (well.. not any more then normal for the bulging disks in my lower back. I am always in pain from that). This time it's my left eye... new floaters have arrived within the last week, and a blurry area that keeps covering the pupil so that reading is very hard.. and also "lightening" down the outer edge of my eye. But I will try some calls to see if i can find a doc. that has evening hours.. I just won't hold my breath.
I'd also like to thank Pamela, who actually clicked on a bunch of those links I left a few posts ago! lol.. we had a mini war over Spin and Marty (who gets who) LOL.. Thanks again Pam.

12 Comments:

Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Wow...quite a full post.

Let me address just one part of it: I will believe Lucas and Spielberg have started Indiana Jones when I have seen the first production pictures.

One more thing...I love Indiana Jones and the thought that a post-Phantom Menace Lucas should be allowed to put his hands on anything scares me. The only redeeming grace is Spielberg. Of course, Spielberg gave us "Hook"

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are getting answers to your medical problem. I think I share this with you - although mine is not near as extreme as you describe.

Believe it or not, some herbal teas make me feel better - if I can settle down enough to make myself fix and drink it. There is a "night time" tea that helps the most for me.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Odat said...

Hi...Am here from Ian's recommendation...Great blog...and what I do in cases where I feel panic, I take a deep breath...and try to stay calm....
Peace

PS I'm originally from NJ...

11:50 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Stewart:.. well i love robin williams soooo... I just hope it happens dang it all!

Jeff: I've calmed down some.. thanks for being concerned enough to comment!

Odat: welcome to my blog, such as it is... what part of NJ were you from??

12:01 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Boy oh boy i wish they'd stop beating around the bush. I grew up on Indiana Jones.

I'd wait on line to see the fourth installment (and the Dragon NEVER waits on line).

You trying to recruit more people for our elite "Jersey Club"?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I like Ford in the series. I just wonder how it will work now that he is much older. It will probably be good though.

7:32 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

You and me both Kiyotoe!!

Mike: I'm sure they take the ages in consideration when writing the script.. after all Sean Connery is quite a bit older then Harrison, and John Rhys Davies isn't a kid anymore either. Some of the best movies I've ever seen are with all "elderly" actors and actresses.. hopefully this will be too!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Yeah apparently the whole thing exploded when he was asked about it at that Orange Bowl thingie......

I am still not holding my breath.
He turned down a lot of fine scripts.

I think he must be waiting for some sort of contracts to run out on the franchise...toys, dvd's or something..same as he did with the Star Wars films before he even considers making the movie.

Money is first and foremost for him.
Not quality.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

haven't read the other comments to see if anyone suggested you go immediately to your eye doc.

Lightning in your eye can be a torn retina.... And that MUST not be disregarded at all.

Go! Go!! Go!!!!!!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

I'd be down with an IJ-4. It would be interesting to see the older Indy, married with a flighty daughter (Portman?) that he has to run off and save. Where would be exciting in the late '50s/early '60s? I'm thinking Korea...

I'm ready for my check, Mr. Lucas...

Ian

12:23 AM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

You know, I always thought it would have been cool to have done a serious Bond film with Connery as a Bond at the end of his career, behind the desk, his many adventures behind him, who now has to go out into the field one last time perhaps to save the neck of an agent who he himself sent out to die.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Hmmmmm.... well... I'll BELIEVE it's the "best" one yet when I see it! IF I see it! I liked the first one -- but I HATED the 2nd one, and didn't think much of the 3rd one really.... so I'm really not too excited about a 4th one! But I'll give it a shot... We'll see!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home