My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Little of This and That

Well, yesterday was a day of reading. I finished book two "A Dragons Son" (the books aren't very long) and will begin book 3 of the trilogy today.

I'm glad I had these books to read, it's keeping my mind off of other things right now. But I'm surprised I read that one so fast. Between calls from my brother downstairs and the blurry eye it's difficult to get much reading done at any one time!

These books are hard back books. For some reason the first two books were double spaced, which helped alot with my eye problem. I took a look in book 3 and it is NOT double spaced... darn. This one might take a tad longer lol.

The sun finally has come out in New Jersey!.. For 5 days we had clouds and drizzly rain going on. After a few days of this it starts to drag you down with the gloom. I don't know how some people can life in areas where it is cloudy and rainy most of the time. Even when I lived in Florida, there would be daily downpours but the sun was out part of the day too, so it was rarely all gloom.

Gosh we are half way through January and no snow in NJ yet! Why do I think that when it comes it will make up for it???!! (Probably because I was born and raised in NJ)

Did anyone watch the Golden Globes the other night? I did. I was really happy when the show "Ugly Betty" won! I love that show. (but I still hate the title!) After the show won America Ferrera, born 1984 (was anyone born in 1984? Gads!), who plays Betty won for Best Actress in a Comedy. Although she has done a few things before, she probably came to be known most from being in the movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I was really glad she won, she's great in the part. If you haven't seen the show you should. The casting for the show is fabulous.. most I never saw before, aside from Vanessa Williams and Salma Hayek. But they make a great group of actors and actresses.

I was also glad that Hugh Laurie won a Golden Globe.. I like his show too! Does anyone not watch House? (probably a loaded question).

My last surprise (happy one) was for Kyra Sedgwick when she got a Golden Globe! (hubby Kevin Bacon was pretty darn happy for her too). She was shocked and you could see it! She has developed a really good character for her series The Closer.

All in all there were some nice surprises and some totally expected. It was a good show, I hope you got to see it.

... Till the next time.

8 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I did watch the Globes, of course...The Forein Press are somewhat predictable in their "unpredictablness" (LOL) If you know what I mean....I have never understood how they make their decisions but it often---in the past---has been connected to commerce, if you get my drift...! I enjoyed them very much...was happy for Helen Mirren winning two...and if she had tied with herself with Prime Suspect in the TV Movie Category, which was brilliant...she would have won three!
About Clint: When he did all those Spaghetti Westerns I just thought he was a jerk...Well, he sure prived me wrong, wrong, wrong. What a brilliant filmaker he is!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stopped watching tv (except for two shows: 24 and Amazing Race, when it is on). So, I haven't seen ANY of those programs. I did catch moments of the Globes - just enough to see what people were wearing...and wondering how stars feel sitting across the room from their latest break-ups.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

i've tried to watch "ugly betty" but it doesn't hold my attention at all.

Now Grey's Anatomy? that's a good show.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh I don't know HOW you are doing ANY reading with that blurry eye! Things like that just frustrate me and drive me CRAZY and I have to just put the book down and leave it until things clear up! Of course, it would also drive me nuts to type ... and if I couldn't type and I couldn't read, I'd probably just lose my mind! I guess there's always exercise... but you can only do THAT for so long...

I don't watch TV ... as everyone in the whole entire world should know by now... LOL! But HUBBY watches House -- one of his favorite shows! He was very happy that Hugh Laurie won for his category. I guess the Golden Globes and the Emmy's are almost as BIG for YOU as they are for the STARS, huh!?

Ohhhhhh... and I was only TEASING about being "IN love" with De -- you know that - right? I don't want you to think I really thought that! I KNOW you're just a maniacal fan! *G*

10:09 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

only have time for a few shows. I've been catching up with ugly betty on ABC Full Episode Player

1:10 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi.. yep, I agree.. who'da thunk Dirty Harry would make such good movies?!

Karmyn: as long as you enjoy something, it's a good thing!!

Kiyotoe: oh well, Greys Anatomy and Lost are two others I watch!!!

Melli: well hubby has good taste! LOL Druggy though House may be, I could only wish for a doctor who never gives up!!

Pamela: I hope you are enjoying Ugly Betty! I am!

8:30 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I love Ugly Betty, I'm happy it won.

I never started watching Grey's Anatomy and now I'm kind of sorry I didn't. I may have to rent the first season and see what all the fuss is about.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I was watching Stuart Little with Trevor the other night and could not help but crack up over seeing Hugh as Stuart's father.


Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home