My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Can You Hear Me Now?...

On Saturday 3:30 pm.. did you hear me scream? It was loud enough for everyone to hear!


I finished reading Inkspell.........


AAaaarrrggghhhh! I can't believe how it ended! And I have over a year wait (maybe 2) before the third book comes out in English!!! (I know better then to read books that are a series before they are all out... for the life of me I don't know what made me do it!)


Needless to say I really enjoyed the books, even though they were written for young adults. It was a new concept, and I really liked it. Very well written! Excellent story! What more can I say?.. oh.. don't read them or you will be as frustrated as I am having to wait for book 3!!!


I'm really glad I got them in hard back.. they will definitely stay in my collection of books that I know I will re-read at some time or another.


So... now I am but a week away from my trip and I don't want to get into anything too exciting that I don't want to put it down; plus with my cloudy eye I still find the larger print or double spacing in hard backs much easier to read so.. the only hard back I have left in the house at the moment (that I haven't read yet) is a little book written by Sean Astin called "There and Back Again an actors tale."


He's too young for a biography so I guess this is going to be about the making of the movie.


I remember reading a book by Walter Koenig (Chekov in the Original Star Trek) called Chekov's Enterprise in which he talks about the making of the first movie. In that book I found out what a wonderful sense of humor he has for writing. I don't know that Sean Astin's will be funny but I hope it has alot of his feelings he was having while filming Lord of the Rings. I guess I'll find out soon enough.



So between making lists and packing, (and anything else that I do each day) I'll begin this book... I hope it makes me forget that what I really want is to be readingbook 3 of Inkheart!



"Till next time..."

6 Comments:

Blogger SQT said...

Oh no! I hate it when that happens. I think I'll save Inkheart until closer to when the third one comes out.

Maybe re-read something that you like to get your mind off of it? That's what I usually do.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE that....I forgot Inkspell ends that way. Sorry.

There are a lot of series I've read like that. and by the time the next book comes out, I've totally forgotten I had even read the others.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I only read trilogies (series) that are about sex and romance.

You just don't forget those plots. It's always the same.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Tick! Tock! Tick! Tock! It's getting closer, Deslily! ;)

2:19 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Getting excited Pat? You know I don't think I anseered your question about how close I am to LAX...Well, I'm not really. However far Hollywood is from LAX, that's how far I am. Driving time...depending on the traffic...35-40 minutes if traffic is not bad, and an hour possibly if traffic is bad bad....

I hope you are bringing a variety of clothing to cover the four seasons! (lol)

5:07 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Sqt... it's pretty awful to read only part of a series .. many (and generally that includes ME) I also wait until they are all out.. makes me wonder how that effects the sales of the books..

karmyn: it means reading them over again lol..so it's a good think i enjoyed them! lol

Lee: yeppers ..almost time.. wish it weren't going to be so short a time out there!


Hi Naomi: no doubt whatever I bring it will be wrong! lol.. but I'll find a way to enjoy it anyway!!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home