My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Andy Serkis.. one more time.

Yesterday in my comments Asara Dragon wrote that she thought of me when she watched a cartoon movie called, "Flushed Away". She noticed that Andy Serkis was the voice of Spike, in the cartoon. (Andy was also the voice of Stingray, in the cartoon of the same name) I guess that means I've mentioned Andy one too many times ..heh.. oh well, one more time can't hurt.
IMDb shows Andy busy working right now. He portraying King Bothan on 'Heavenly Sword', a Playstation 3 title (King Andy! That's a bit all right, eh?!)
Also coming in June (18th) to PBS Andy has Simon Schama's Power of Art" where he portrays Vincent Van Gogh (1 episode, 2006)
And then he has these movies coming out this year and next...
Inkheart (2008) (post-production) .... Capricorn
Sugarhouse Lane (2007) (post-production) .... Hoodwink
Rendition (2007/II) (post-production) .... The Interrogator

I am happy that he's a busy man. I still have to get my hands on a copy of Prestige, since he had a part in that movie.
I found the two photo's below on the web. They must have been taken at a convention. When I saw them I was reminded that someone at the convention I was just at had a similar casting of Gollum that they had their photo taken with Andy of. It's really a neat looking statue, but I think I'd rather not have it sitting in my home looking at me all the time lol.

(Gollum sang as he caught a fish to eat)

The rock and pool,
is nice and cool,
so juicy sweet.


Our only wish,
to catch a fish,
so juicy sweet!




Right now I am eating my heart out because there is an Author Book Fair coming up in Los Angeles the end of April and Cornelia Funke will be one of the attending. I'd love her signature on my copy of Inkheart. Then of course I would try to see Andy Serkis again sometime when he's in back in the states to autograph it too as "Capricorn", the character he will play in the movie... I think that would be neat.
For anyone who reads John Scalazi's journal, you might want to know ahead of time that he will be at that fair also. I know he will mention it but for some who might have to travel to get there it's always good to know ahead of time.
Sometimes it's not so nice being able to find these things out on the computer and then not be able to go to them! ARGH!
'Till next time...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill, the Wildcat said...

I just recently saw "The Prestige," and I have to say that it's a really good movie. All the actors, Andy included (of course), do a great job. Chris Nolan just directs some excellent films. I didn't realize Serkis was gonna be in the film, so when I saw him in there, I was really excited. It's not one of the major roles, but he does a good job with it.

There are certain actors out there that might not scream "leading men," but when you see them in supporting roles, you know it's gonna be a good movie. Andy's definitely become one of those guys. Good for him!

5:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Frank..err I mean Bill.. Yep, I agree with what you say. Andy is certainly turning into a fantastic character actor! Most of the time, they've been my favorites, even from eons ago when everyone loved Roy Rogers (I did too) but I loved Gabby Hayes every bit as much!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Ahhh...character actors are the backbone of the movies.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home