My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Busy, busy..



Yesterday was extra busy for me. A school friend of my brothers is dropping by today, so I had extra cleaning to do, on top of my normal stuff. It really takes it out on my lower back that is in pain all the time anyway. So when I was all caught up and came back to my room my mind was not on writing.



Since his visit is today, the "work" hasn't come to a halt yet. My brother informed me that he's coming about 8 am. (who the heck visits at 8 am?!) So I got up and have already dressed my brother and gotten him into his wheelchair. After my cup of Vienna I have to go down and make his bed. Let me tell you, that's a real joy with my back! Then I guess it would be a good idea if I got dressed huh?!



I've never been a person to get up and go. So things like this or getting to the airport for my trip are horrid. Even when I worked I would get up an hour and a half before time to leave, because I know I have to sit with the coffee for at least 1/2 hr and my back begins to get to the tolerable state. Then I get dressed for the day.



But I'm sure that's more than you need to know.



I finally got so down that I ordered another book from Amazon. I bought it from the individual sellers (used).. but it states it's it's new and never read, so even with shipping it was under 10.00 for a hard back. It's another young adults book by Cornelia Funke called Dragon Rider.







When I checked her name in Amazon I had found that she has written a number of Under 10 yr. old books before she started writing for young adults. It seems as if she is making her way up to adult books lol.. well, I sure wouldn't mind it if she did because she is a really super author. She's the first writer I've found in years that I truly enjoy so much that I know one day I will reread her books. And since these floaters in my left eye don't seem to be going away like I was told they would, hard back books are easier for me to read.



Most likely I will do more rereading then reading of new books this summer. A few I had (old) in paperback are actually being released in hard back. That's a first, as far as I know, I have never heard of books that originally were released in paper back got turned into hard backs. In this case, it's the original 6 books in Dragonlance series. So I will send for them at one or two a month until I have them all. My paperback versions have been moved at least twice, from Fla to Ca and CA to NJ and are turning pretty brown on the pages. (just another reason for hard backs.. they hold up better and longer)



But, in July... July will be a good month. I pre ordered the last Harry Potter book which comes out in July and pre ordered Dragons of Highlord Skies by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.. the second in a trilogy. So that will be a good month!







I guess you could say I like Dragons huh? Well I do.. but mostly I like a really good character... or two or three.



Ok, enough of that...



Did anyone watch the first elimination on Dancing With The Stars last night? It's always so sad when someone is eliminated. You can tell that learning something so new and challenging is enjoyable to them, so it's a real downer to have to leave. But, I guess it's onward and upward.. I do enjoy watching them, there are a few really good dancers right off the bat, which is unusual. Tell me your favorite, if you have one yet.



'tell next time....

7 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

I guess you could say I like Dragons huh?

I was going to ask you that question, but you took the words right out of my mouth. LOL.

12:04 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Life sounds hard there in New Jersey, Pat....Between your back being in pain all the time, (I know what that is, I'm sorry to say..) And your dear brother's needs....it cannot be easy, at all. I can understand why your trip here to Los Angeles was such a much needed change and that it is hard getting back in the routine there....

About that visitor: Who DOES Visit at 8 in the morning? I assume there must have been a good reason for this particular arrival time...! That would be very hard on me, too...Like you, I need a good amount of time in the morning to 'wake up'..(lol)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8AM? crikey. I need at least an hour to get the last minute cleaning done before company comes.

I haven't read Dragon Riders....let me know if it is worth the read.

2:49 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Charles!.. lol..yep I do like dragons lol

Naomi: oh yeah.. it didn't matter that I wanted to go to CA.. I NEEDED to go.. and of course as soon as i walked back into the house it was like i never left... it takes more then a week to destress!

Karmyn: I'll let you know about Dragon Riders.. it is a book for young readers though.. just so you know. Her other book Thief Lord was good, but I liked Inkheart and Inkspell best of all.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oooh, more Weis & Hickman Dragonlance!! I'm reading the War of Souls trilogy right now.

The reason I came by though, was to share something I found today. Hubby bought Flushed Away on DVD today, we saw it in the theater, and it was great. Anyway, In the opening credits, I saw a name flash by that I recognized. Sure enough, in the credits.. "Spike".....Andy Serkis! He does the voice for one of the bumbling hench-rats that chase the main character (voiced by Hugh Jackman.. woo!) throughout the movie. I saw that, and thought of you straight away! :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

HI Asara.. LOL, glad I knew that Andy did that part! haha.. he also did a voice in a cartoon called "Shark". Poor guy sure doesn't get seen a whole lot! I may post about Andy again tomorrow... though everyone is probably sick of me mentioning him ...I found 2 neat pics of him, just have to figure out what i want to say about him that I already haven't said lol

8:33 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Isn't it amazing how we can get our act into gear when we know we have visitors coming? ;)

I've invited a couple of friends to lunch on Easter Sunday and I've already begun my "cabin-clean"! Hehehehe! If I do it a bit at a time, I can still leave enough time for me to play around on the computer. What's more important, I ask? ;)

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home