My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, April 13, 2007

The Day Before Saturday

There must be someone who wanted to make me smile.....


Last night on Grey's Anatomy stood Jeffrey Dean Morgan! (see photo in post below) Hello?! Oh, thank you, thank you! I didn't even mind that the only thing that the show was about was "recapping" the entire show... just having Jeffrey Morgan, in view, narrating it was ..well.. made me smile!


Now, how someone, the age of my own son, can make me smile is a mystery! I don't "do" young! But, dang it.... this guy makes me crack myself up thinking: If I were young you'd wear out your running shoes from me chasing you! LOL... Many thanks to whoever decided to have him on the show if only to remind us all how fabulous that arc of episodes was.


Ok.. enough drooling..


Tomorrow I am actually getting away from the house for the day! (always a great day when this occurs!) The Chiller is having another autograph show, but this time they've moved to another town and another hotel. Heh.. well.. truth be told, the folks running it don't do a bang up job and keep getting "kicked out" of hotels to have them at. It makes me wonder when they will run out of places to have it. As it is now.. it's still a long way off for the taxi I have to take to get there, but at least it's still here for me to get out for a day every 6 months or so.


I'll take my little digital camera and take some pictures of some that might be of interest. I honestly don't know if I'll get any autographs though. I will visit with Ken Kelly (the artist) since he will be there again, and the other artist (who made the poster/book cover for Jaws) Roger Kastel and his wife. (nice people)


Thankfully we will be getting a one day break from the nasty weather we've been having.. then on Sunday we are in for a "Nor-Easter" with heavy rains and blowing winds. The temperatures here are not indicative of Spring! They are staying in the 40's mostly with a "now and then" day in the low 50's. The poor Magnolia tree went and bloomed one day and the pedals turned brown the next day from the cold! It seems we are being punished for the mild (no snow) winter we had. New Jersey is skipping Spring this year.


One last note before I post this. I received a book in the mail, which I began reading. (note: i have not changed the book title with Myrtle in the side bar). I am 143 pages into this 786 page book... and it is boring as all get out! I am doubtful I can continue it too much longer! The name of the book is, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. It takes place in England and is said to be about 2 magicians and bringing magic back to England.


Well.. Mr Norrell is not very interesting... and it took all 143 pages to first mention Jonathan Strange! Exciting, it's not. This has got to be the first book I've considered putting down in a long time. Gladly, it was on sale and I didn't pay much for it. So.. at this point, all I can say is, if you have seen this title and are considering getting it... don't waste your money!


This is it. It's big. It's black. It's not very interesting!



'Till next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger RK Sterling said...

You know, I have to agree with you on this one. I was so excited when I first heard about this book, and bought it when it came out to such great reviews. First chapter, I was excited. After that, I couldn't bring myself to finish it. I skimmed through it to the end just because I kept hoping it would get better.
It didn't.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home