My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The IRS and Easter..


While kids are dreaming of chocolate Easter bunnies... the adults would like to tell the IRS to take a flying leap!



I've used this sign before.. but it's getting close to the magical date of April 15th, so I thought I would post it again... if only huh?!


I've been reading my latest Cornelia Funke book for young adults. This one is even more "young" then I thought it would be. I have a little difficulty when the animals talk.. well, unless it's "mind to mind" sort of thing.


In this book the animals and people both talk.. At first I thought..oh boy, this is younger then I can handle... but, then her fine story telling took over and I find it's an enjoyable read. This would be a great book for an 8-10 yr old to read or to have it read to them.


I have found Cornelia Funke to be a really fantastic writer! And I'm glad I have even this book among my collection. Now I own 4 of her books. This one, Dragon Rider, would be for the youngest that I've read. Thief Lord, I am guessing is for 8-12 yr olds, and I'd read a second book with the same characters, should she ever do more with them. And her latest books, Inkheart and Inkspell (3rd to come out this year) are the best of all, for it truly surrounds the love of books. My guess here would be from 10 yrs old and up.


This is an author I will continue to watch.


Aside from that... it would seem Easter is almost upon us! And New Jersey is going to have a cold one. The forecast for the next five days remains in the low 40's. I think the Easter Bunny will be wearing mittens and a scarf and Easter bonnets will be made of wool!


It put me in mind of one Easter when I was young... that would be back when Broadway was a prairie!.. anyway.. We had late blizzards this one year and the snow had been piled really, REALLY high. On this particular Easter, which was early like this one, we had those piles of snow still on the ground.. but the temperatures had risen nicely and everyone was in their Spring finery, which really looked strange with all the snow still in piles.


At least this year there is no snow.. so I am thankful for that. But, I won't mind when the temps are in the high 60's and low 70's! That's my favorite time of year both in Spring and Fall. It doesn't last long, and sometimes we miss it completely, but it's oh so nice when it's here!

'Till next time...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sign is perfect. I'd love to hang it on my door - especially because I actually have to PAY this year. sigh.

Easter is such a weird holiday - the way it jumps around. My son was born a week before Easter and then the next year, Easter was BEFORE his birthday....so, he celebrated Easter twice in one year of his life. And now, he's actually had a year of his life when he didn't celebrate Easter at all.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

it's going to be a cold one down here too.

And one day you're going to write a blog post about your friend The Dragon that you've found to be a really fantastic writer!

Watch and see!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

sounds like something I should get for my grandkids.

I have 11, 10, 6, almost 5, 3 1/2, almost 3 and getting close to 2

I'm interested in books for the two oldest.

1:49 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh yes...I can remember some Easters and Passovers when it was quite cold and snowed! (In fact the year my mother died it was one of those early Holidays and it was snowing!
Keep warm, Pat, AND,
A VERY VERY HAPPY EASTER to you!

4:01 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: I think we ALL need to hang that sign on our doors!

Kiyotoe: I already wrote that post, back when I first started reading your blog! Now I am waiting to say "I knew him when" !

Pamela: Definately! Cornelia Funke is a fabulous writer! Your older grandkids would love Inkheart and Inkspell and probably Lord Thief too! The Dragon Rider is an excellent story that I am reading now..if they like something like Watership Down (talking animals) they will like this too..again, she has made the story interesting enough to make even me keep reading it.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that sign. I also think it is wrong of the IRS to have their date so close to Easter. August would be good (if anything could be "good").

11:36 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! We only THOUGHT we wanted to cancel this year! But since we got a refund, we decided we'll stick around for another year! hehehe...

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home