My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Flyte

So.. I took my time reading book 2, Flyte, by Angie Sage but finished it just this morning. Sigh*.. yes, I am signing.. I do that because I know there's only one book to go and this trilogy is done. And I surely dislike it when characters I am growing to like disappear because the books end.


I must be going through a second (3rd? 4th?) childhood because I sure have found that I am enjoying the "young adult" books that I've gotten lately. Though I still feel that Inkheart and Inkspell had a little more something (not sure what, it could just be the story itself), I am enjoying this group of books too.


Without giving away anything, I can say that Flyte picks up a year later, and there is a big upset in the Heap family with a few of their 7 sons. This book has some excitement in it and towards the end I was having trouble putting it down. (which I do ONLY to extend the time of the eventual end) This book tied many ends up as did book one but it leaves you knowing for sure "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" (and you don't want to hear me sing!) So I am looking forward to beginning Physik (book 3) sometime today.


That is... IF I can wrestle it away from Myrtle!...





On a different note: we are having some real spring weather here in NJ!! They actually are predicting 5 days of sun and in the mid 60's! (could this be Magyk?..heh, sorry.. hadda say it)


The lawn was mowed last evening, so now we are the only lawn on the block not seeing dandelions! Oh, the plants are still in the ground!... but the flowers are gone. We can still view them though on the neighbors lawns!


I am doing "chores" today.. I just mopped the kitchen floor (can't tell you how that makes the bulging disks feel).. and now I have to go down and change the sheets on my brothers bed. So I am off to do "womanly things".... (yes, that was said with sarcasm)


Hope y'all are having a good week... 'till next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

As someone who seems to only read YA and children's books, I have to thank you for the recommendation. I have had this series on my TBR list for a long time. Time to move it to the top of the list.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home