My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Andy Shows his Theatrical Side

I don't know if anyone saw it, but I watched Andy Serkis last night on PBS portraying Vincent Van Gogh. If I hadn't already seen him in person and heard his normal accent I may have been shocked that Van Gogh didn't sound like Gollum ! heh.. just kidding.

Andy was great! Now I have no problem imagining him on stage in England! Boy, what I'd give to see him in a play...sigh.

The program itself didn't mention anything I hadn't heard in the past.. I remember that Kirk Douglas played Van Gogh in an old movie. (haven't seen that one in some time)

I did like the way the show was put together, and glad that it aired on PBS. Much of Andy's works, (along with other British actors that I like), never show here in America.

I'm glad to say that it looks like Andy is keeping busy since he filmed Van Gogh:

Freezing Time (2007) (in production) .... Erickson
The Cottage (2008) (filming)
Einstein and Eddington (2007) (TV) (filming) .... Albert Einstein
Inkheart (2008) (post-production) .... Capricorn
Extraordinary Rendition (2007) (post-production) .... The Interrogator
Heavenly Sword (2007) (VG) (post-production) .... King Bohan
Sugarhouse (2007) .... Hoodwink

"Simon Schama's Power of Art" .... Vincent Van Gogh

Of everything listed there, I think the only one that will make it to America is Inkheart.

Speaking of British Actors.. I got to thinking, .. there sure are a lot of them that I've enjoyed over and over again.

I found this site listing some British actors A-Z. I thought I'd jot down one from each letter that should ring a bell with pretty much everyone.

A- Richard Attenborough
B- Richard Burton (Orlando Bloom gets a mention just 'cause he looks so damn good!)
C- Sean Connery
D- Judy Dench
E- Denholm Elliott
F- Albert Finney
G- Alec Guinness
H- Anthony Hopkins
I- Jeremy Irons
J- Glynis Johns
K- Ben Kingsley
L- Charles Laughton
M- James Mason
N- David Niven
O- Peter O'Toole
P-
Q-
R- Basil Rathbone
S- Maggie Smith (& Andy Serkis!)
T- Emma Thompson
U- Peter Ustinov
V-
W- David Warner
X-
Y-
Z-

.. I bet you never realized, or thought about, how many actors from across the pond, that you've enjoyed.

And I'm glad that Andy Serkis is added to MY list of people I enjoy.

...'till next time...

6 Comments:

Blogger SQT said...

Serkis sure looks different done up like Van Gogh. Much better than Gollum IMO.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

There are a ton of British actors that I really enjoy. Course we watch alot of British comedy, period pieces, etc. at our house so we are exposed to many of the wonderful actors and actresses from the other side of the pond.

2:08 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I love British actors. I'm right there with Carl, I love a good British comedy or period piece every now and then. Really great stuff. I missed it last night! I'm such a bum. PBS tends to replay stuff though, so I should be able to catch it.

Hey, I like the new Myrtle pic for "What I'm Reading"!

3:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

SQT: human huh?! lol..

Carl: I have many I like, and have liked for years and years! Maggie Smith is my all time favorite Female Actress.. just love her.

Chris: yes! A good period piece is always welcome! I absolutely love "Emma"!.. among others lol
Hey! thanks for noticing Myrtle! lol

4:09 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Would you believe that Peter O'Toole was the best man at the wedding of an elderly gentleman I used to know up here on the mountain where I live? Well, it's true. Dafyd Davies used to work with the BBC in Britain...his wife-to-be had been an actress and O'Toole was a good friend of theirs. A few years ago when the BCC had a "This Is Your Life" on Sian Phillips who was at one time married to O'Toole, they flew Dafyd from Australia to England for the programme.

6:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Lee: oh how neat!! I've always liked O'Toole. How wonderful to be flown to England to watch the show about his life!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home