My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Addendum

During my turbulent time waiting to hear about my missing photo album.. I tried to focus on anything.. one thing i chose to try was help keep focused was to copy a drawing out of one of my books.. it looked something like this:

(pencil sketch)

I did it freehand, but of course I take no credit for the drawing itself which was in the little Dragonology book I had gotten recently. But it did keep me busy for a little while anyway..

Some time back I did scan some of my sons baby photo's.. not many.. a few from each age.. I thought I'd show you why I was panicked at loosing the album.. it would be photo's like these that I would have lost forever...

George is my first son (now 41 yrs old).. I also have another son, named Tom (39). For a short while he tried a blog and so a few who knew me back when he did, got to see his blog.. he does about any type of work to keep afloat, but art is the one thing he keeps going back to.

So.. I just wanted you to see why I was beside myself for a bit..these are but a few photo's but the book itself is rather large... hopefully other things will iron out soon too...

....'till next time...

8 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm so glad that the album was found! That really would've been a tragedy and it still makes me so sad thinking about it :(

You're such an amazing artist! I know that the dragon isn't your original concept, but you should see what that would look like if I tried to copy it! I guarantee you it wouldn't look like a dragon!

1:24 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

We lost a bunch of pictures in a fire when I was in 7th grade. That's the worst. All my school pictures from kindergarten and up were gone and my brother lost most of his too. Now we put everything on picture-disc and put it in a fire safe.

Quick question Deslily. I was lucky enough to hear from two publishers today who are going to send me books to review on my blog. I don't what titles I'm going to get but it's all going to be sci-fi/fantasy related. I'm asking regulars to the blog to help me review because I don't think I'm going to be able to do them all myself. I know you don't always get out much so I thought this would be good because I could just mail them to you.

The reviews don't have to be a big deal. Just a decent summation of the book and your opinion. Penguin books is one of the publishers and they have some big names on their list (though I bet I get up-and-comers first) and I really need to get their reviews up because they're just using me on a trial basis.

If you can't I'll understand. I already have a few volunteers so I should be okay. I just wanted to ask you first before

2:07 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Oops, my thought got cut off.

I just wanted to give you first option on some books to review if you have the time.

2:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: even a compliment won't let you off the hook! (eg)

Sqt: ummm if you get a fantasy book (not sci fi) I may have an interest.. keep me in mind! Thanks!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Great pics, Deslily. :) Love your drawing, too...good stuff!

By the way, I borrowed a Gene Krupa CD off a friend over the weekend...so I can burn a copy of my own. :)

6:21 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

So glad they found your Picture Book....What is confusing to me though...Had you sent it to his "old" address?
Anyway....to think you might have lost these precious pictures is sickening Pat....You must be so releived...!

6:50 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Deslily, I expect them to be primarily fantasy. At least I hope so. I'll let you know as stuff comes in.

7:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Lee: oh wow! Haven't heard Krupa in eons! I have an old LP of his but no record player..

Naomi: no I sent it to the correct address but besides him moving in there was a "forward" on the address for the people moving out. Still seemed strange to me because mail is delived by address NOT by name! My kids would write their grandparents when young and address the envelope as "grandma and grandpa" with the address and it always got to them.

Sqt:When you get one you think I might try email me. I'll have trouble getting to a post office to mail it back!..but we'll see.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home