My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Catchup..

Just a little catchup with my books..

I did finish The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo..

Paperback: 272 pages Publisher: Candlewick (April 11, 2006)

  • ISBN-10: 0763625299

  • ..... the story was about a mouse, a princess, some soup and a spool of thread. (too cute!) The book is a Newberry Medal winner... and winner it is! But this isn't even her first award.. she got one for Because of Winn-Dixie, Which you may or may not know was made into a movie.

    So, do I recommend this book? Yes, I do! This book is said to be for kids .. and it is... but it's also a joy for anyone, at any age. If you have kids or grandkids this would be a really good book for them to read! But I am glad to have it in my collection too!

    I also finished another young adult book that was small...

    The Wizard Test by Hilari Bell.

    Paperback: 176 pages Publisher: Eos (May 23, 2006)

  • ISBN-10: 0060599421

  • This book was enjoyable.. however.. it seemed like parts may have been cut out of the story. She jumped from one moment to "later" and you wouldn't know why something was being said until you read a bit more. It threw me until I got accustomed to her style of writing. I think I would have liked this little book even more if she had more descriptive parts in it. It was a bit too direct. Too only way what you must to get the story told. But I am giving her another shot when I read her book The Goblin Wood later...

    But for now I will begin the RIP challenge and start to read Charles de Lint's Wild Wood.

    On another note.. I spotted a painting that I admired on a website.. I printed it out and asked my brother if he could paint something close to it on a shirt for me... keep in mind my love for sorcerers and dragons...

    The results:

    Not to shabby huh?!

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Janet said...

    Your brother is wicked talented! That's gorgeous :-)

    I'm looking forward to reading The Tale of Despereaux, more so now that I know she wrote Because of Winn-Dixie!

    9:07 AM  
    Blogger chrisa511 said...

    Your brother amazes me! I wish I had someone who could whip up some tshirts for me whenever I wanted them!

    I'm glad you enjoyed Despereaux :) It was a great little story and I really enjoyed it. The Tiger Rising was really good too, and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane looks amazing. I think that will be my next DiCamillo.

    4:26 PM  
    Blogger Kiyotoe said...

    your brother has more artistic talent in his pinky finger than i do my whole body. Those shirts (as well as mine) are amazing.

    And for all of you who read this comment, YES, I said it, I have a "Deslily's Brother" Original!Only cost me $10.

    6:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a beautiful shirt! I'm a sucker for dragons too :)

    6:44 PM  
    Blogger Lee said...

    I love your passion, DesLily...good on you! :)

    3:26 AM  
    Blogger DesLily said...

    Janet: I hope you enjoy it too!

    Chris: you need no encouragement to read! lol.. but I bet all these very young books will help you in your career too!

    kiyotoe: my brother loved the pic you sent!!

    Kim: he likes drawing women better since he was once a dress designer..but now and then I get him to do something way different lol.

    Lee: others interests make people.. interesting don't you think?!

    11:57 AM  
    Blogger Ana S. said...

    Beautiful shirt!

    Both of those books sound enjoyable, especially "The Tale of Despereaux". I really need to read some Kate DiCamillo.

    5:42 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home