My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Encore...

To love .. and be loved in return.. Chuff-f-f-f-f-f.
A voice pierces the sky..It sings of love, of freedom, of total being.It is the roar of a lion.
I have only been there once; inside myself. It happened at a place called Shambala. As I first passed a lion's cage, he roared. My body shook as it absorbed the music. It was so loud I couldn't think of anything or anyone.. for the moment, I just existed.
At first, I didn't realize what had just happened. I walked on. The lion, quite possibly Richard, roared again. Another moment passed without thoughts, without all the things, which were known to me as life. I couldn't think of paying bills, of going to work, of what I would wear today. Then it came, roar after roar after roar.
As it subsided, I found myself becoming aware of the sweet and unobtrusive oblivion I had been in. I knew then that this place was going to become a sanctuary for more than the animals.. it was mine.
I wanted to lie in the grass and have the mighty kings sing to me, their voices vibrating through me until I can think of nothing but their songs. I feel at peace. Worries and tensionsare gone. Would life then pass me by? Hardly, rather it would be that their songs would bring me to life, not take me from it.
Did I mention? A tiger chuffed at me. She made me smile. She made me laugh. I was lost with her beauty, but more with her greeting: Chuff-f-f-f, chuff-f-f-f, happy to see you. Scratch me, love me.. please? There is a fence between us, you could hurt me.Not today, chuff-f-f-f not today, chuff-f-f-f.If I love you today, will you love me in return?CHUFF-F-F-F-F !
As I walk past their fences, chuff-f-f-f, chuff-f-f-f.. be careful, they will mark you for their own! Then let them mark me, for I am theirs.
Nathaniel bounds forward as if on springs. Nathaniel, not lion, not tiger but the most beauteous of both worlds.
Do you sing with the Lions? Do you Chuff-f-f-f with the Tigers? You must do both, for I find I want to lie in the grass outside your fence and watch you forever. May I stay? Will you sing to me? Will you love me?
Their eyes they search for you. All of them are on the prowl for love and to love in return.
A hidden piece of heaven, Shambala is. I will go there again someday…For the peace..For the music..For the love..



Click to go to Shambala Preserve Web site.

6 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Such beautiful animals...I'd love to visit their someday. That must have been such an amazing experience...I can only imagine.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

It really must be an amazing experience. Tigers are my favourite animals, but I love all kinds of felines. It really saddens me that so many species are endangered. I'm so grateful that there are people who devote their lives to helping preserve them.

5:37 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: I wrote this piece (which sounds nothing like me!) after my first visit to Shambala, not knowing that one day I'd volunteer there for 3 yrs!.. I hope you visited the Shambala web site.

Nymeth: Tippi began collecting "cats" for a movie she and her then husband made.. once she had those cats.. well.. the rest you might say she rescued. They'd be animals from a circus or animals illegally brought here and no one wanted. Many would have been put down if Tippi hadn't taken them.. sad but true

7:31 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

As you know, I LOV Shambala, too....My dear Nigel, RIP, and all the beautiful wonderful dear animals....
This was wonderfully said, Pat...really lovely.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, beautiful!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Wonderful! I love all members of the cat family. Magnificent creatures!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home