My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Just getting through another day...

As you can tell from my sidebar, I am reading The Quest for the Trilogy by Mel Odom. It has come at a timely time.. I haven't been feeling well the past 3 weeks, more pain than usual.. but it's eased somewhat today. Which figures because my brother has a doc appointment today.. and when he gets one I get one too. I've been having B12 injections. Don't ask why not just take B12, I asked that same question to the doc.. and I got an answer only a doctor could spew out. My co-pay is 30.00 a visit. I have to have these shots every month for a year!.. and the cost of the B12 you ask? .. go ahead.. pahleeze!.. ask!.. Eight dollars and ninety-five cents! For the full bottle of 12 months worth. Again I wonder why I just can't take B12 pills! Anyway.. when I go today I will ask about the "extended pain" I have been in.. cross your fingers she doesn't order some sort of test, that I can't get to because I can't leave my brother home alone for hours at a time. (yeah.. it's a dilemma!)

So.. back to Mel Odoms book.. the reason I say it's timely is because after reading his first 3 books (The Rover series) I totally expected this to sorta pick up where it left off.. but instead it's 3 quests that integrate into the original books.. here's the part that's timely... the first of the 3 quests he wrote had me laughing! I didn't expect that and it's really pretty funny, the humor he has given the characters.

My only ONLY drawback to all of Mel's books is that in all 4 books the print is so small it belongs in a small paperback! This is rough on me with the one eye doing it's blurry floater thing... which is why I generally now buy only hard back books or trade paperbacks.. or anything as long as it's double spaced and the print is reasonably readable for me.

So... it's good to know that even in pain I can get a laugh or two.. (thanks Mel!)
Of course it figures that we are due for thunderstorms this afternoon.. I just hope we can get to the doctors at 5 pm. You won't get me pushing my brother around in a metal wheelchair in a thunderstorm! NOT!.. nope, not me! I don't go on the phone in one either.. btdt.. a long time ago I had to answer the phone during a storm.. my X had called to tell me to close the basement windows... a clap of thunder happened and a little blue light went from my lip to the phone and I had a fat lip!... never.. never... never again! The only thing a thunderstorm is good for is to grab a book and read! Computer is unplugged.. tv is off and unplugged etc.. so... may as well read!

On a different note...
Since I moved in with David and my brother, and because of my computer, at night I make sure none of the cats can get into my room....
A while ago Booboo kitty got into a fight with Stinkey.. he has a patch on his back between his shoulder blades that hair was torn out and it bled some. Finally, it has come close to healing so at night I've been letting him in my room so that MAYBE it will heal before they go at it again..
He's been good.. sleeps on my bed and in general behaving. Well... that is until 5 am, which is when David gets up. Then BooBoo thinks I should get up too to feed him. David gives the cats their morning feeding downstairs (booboo can get out of my room easily but doesn't).. so the past 3 mornings Booboo walks over my chest and purrs into my face rubbing on my cheek to wake me.
Yeah, yeah.. "awww how cute"... NOT! Not at 5 am it's not! I can't wait till he's fur begins to grow back on that spot so I can close him out again!!

4 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

:( I hope that the doctor isn't so bad Pat. Pain is no good. Hang in there. Hope things get better for you soon. In the meantime...keep on reading!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

That is a lovely cat! But I do understand the "not at 5am" bit. My cat also has the habit of waking me up in the middle of the night, and it's no fun.

I love thunderstorms, but you're right, it's a good idea to be away from anything electric during them!

I echo Chris' good wishes.

3:19 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hopefully you'll be able to get some rest and feel better soon.

Wouldn't it be great to have BooBoo kitty's life? Not a care in the world.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I really need to read Mel Odom. I have his books, just haven't sat down with them yet. I hope your pain becomes more managable soon!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home