My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Package in the Mail

I received a package today from Book Closeouts! It contained the other two books I need to read for the RIP II Challenge.. plus something else I ordered!

These two books look Spooky enough for the challenge.. I just hope I can get through them since it's not what I generally read. The reviews indicate a lot of humor in them so I am hoping that it's my kinda humor!

The other thing I had sent for cost me a whole TWO DOLLARS AND NINETY-EIGHT CENTS! Hello? Does anything cost 2.98 anymore? Well this did!

As some of you know I love the Space Program, and most especially the Astronauts that were in the Race for the moon. When I saw this in Book Closeouts I was amazed! I mean.. 7 cassettes and a 2 hr. dvd all for 2.98?! What can I loose? So I added it to the books I was ordering.

Now I may not get to watch or listen to the cassettes for a while, but just knowing they are there makes me feel good. I love those Astronauts.. they are my true heroes! And since I had the privilege of meeting a few of them.. it means all the more to me. I hope I hear Alan Bean and Richard Gordon on the tapes! I also met Buzz Aldren at that particular show. I hope someday they come back to NJ.. I'd go again even if I can't afford their autographs, ... just to be in their presence is a major good feeling.

I remember sitting and just watching Alan Bean signing autographs for a while and couldn't stop wondering... was he afraid? did it change him ? would he do it again? But when I went to get his autograph, he was such a sweet man, with a big smile that I didn't want to feel stupid asking questions that he must have been asked a million times before.

They are just incredible human beings.. one and all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Gil's All Fright Diner at Barnes and Nobel and almost picked it up. It's got such a great cover!

I did end up putting A Nameless Witch on my wishlist because I ended up liking the bookflap description better.

Can't wait to hear what you think of these :)

P.S. Your stuffed bat is adorable!

9:37 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

warning warning!! Bookcloseouts is very addicting! ;)

1:33 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Glad your books arrived safe and sound!

$2.98 for that is great! I am really looking forward to what you have to say about these sometime when you get a chance to listen to them. I was super tired last night but still had to take some time to go sit on the deck in the wee hours and just stare at the full moon. It still amazes me to think that humans have been up there.

8:36 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kim: I saw that one too..but only on line. I hope they are as described, if so they should be humor among the dead lol.

Chris: nah, no more addictive than Amazon. Prices are cheaper but I'm already tiring of the remainder marks.. some are so big they ink onto pages.

Carl: I thought of you when I ordered that! Sometimes I feel that these men are nothing more than yet another Fantasy..just because walking on the moon just seems so impossible!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

It does, doesn't it?!?! That had to have been a life altering experience.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home