My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tidbits

I have a few things to cover today..

First off I received an award from Asara!

How cool is this?!! Thank you so much Asara!! I will do my best to pass it on..but boy I hate making choices like this because, of course I love all the blogs I read! But I'll give out a few to keep it moving on, as it should!

Stainless Steel Droppings: Carl's blog has not just made me, but MANY others really get back to reading. And the best part is, he doesn't push and he doesn't do anything that he already doesn't love! I am HOOKED on his blog!

Stuff as Dreams are Made on: What can I say about Chris? I love his blog ! He's honest, he's open, he's a joy to know. 'Nuff said.

Fantasy and Sci Fi Lovin' Blog: SQT has it all.. not only does she cover books but movies and television as well.. I can't NOT stop by her blog everyday.

Here in the Hills: I know Naomi doesn't like to have to choose who gets awards, and that's ok (I'm not fond of it either). This is such a wonderful and interesting lady. She knows many in Hollywood and takes some of the most wonderful photo's in her cactus and succulent garden area that you have to be amazed.

I could go on and on but I think I will stop here... if you all knew how long my list of journals and blogs was you'd just laugh!


Secondly,....

Coming Soon..Sept 25: Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want

I was surprised today when I visited my Wish List at Amazon (which I do far TOO MUCH) to see that the photo for the cover of Leven Thumps was finally released!

Ben Sowards did the cover art (as he did for the other two Leven Thumps books) and once again it's fabulous! I totally enjoyed Obert Skye's first two books and I'm looking forward to this release.

An update on the autograph show in October.. I just found out my friend Scott Schwartz will be there! He's a great guy and fun to be around.. maybe you remember him from A Christmas Story... he was the kid that got his tongue stuck to the flag pole! (Flick)

So now I get to spend time with 2 artists, Ken Kelly & Roger Kastel..and Flick! Cool!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

I'm trying to keep my cool over here. It's ugly to see a grown Dragon cry but like I said, I'm trying to keep my cool ;)

3:00 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Thanks Deslily!

Just so you know, I'm going to contact the publisher that puts out the Leven Thumps books (and Fablehaven) and see if I can get review copies. I may not have any luck, but if I do, I'll let you know. I don't read these as much as you do so it would be nice to pass them to you for a review-- if you'd like.

I'll tell you if they get back to me.

4:05 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Aw, thanks! Can I give the award right back to you ;)

The cover for the new Leven Thumps book is great! A new series is the last think I need right now, but those are looking more and more tempting.

10:58 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Now that's a cover that would prompt me to pick the book up! I see, however, that it's book three. What's book one?

cjh

9:15 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kiyotoe: tsk tsk.. you can't be nominated twice! don't think you weren't thought of!

Chris: nope you do NOT need more books! as much as I enjoyed these Inheart is better and I know you have that!

cj: I replied in your comment section.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Poor Scott.....what a way to be remembered;)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Awww shucks....thank you!!!

OMG, you're freinds with Scott Schwartz?!?!? A Christmas Story is one of my absolute favorite movies. I actually saw it in the theatre as a teenager and it is a yearly, sometimes more than once, tradition with our family to watch during Christmas time. We laugh as hysterically at it today as we did the first time we all sat down to watch it together. Please pass on my affection for his role which gives me pleasure every Christmas season!!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey Carl: yeah Scott's a good guy.. he was also in Toy Story, if you remember that one.

Oh, Yano and Ian will be there too.. they played the mean kid and Ian was his little brother with the "bad eating habits"

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home