My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Time for yet another book..

Well.. I just finished The Quest for the Trilogy by Mel Odom.. I really enjoyed this book! In this, his 4th addition to his Rover series (which I enjoyed also), he put a lot more humor to his main characters, and I have to say it was very VERY enjoyable! I just hope his other books have larger print in them! ARGH! Generally, hardback books are double spaced and the print is a touch larger than it is in paper back books.. not so in the Rover series or this one! If I didn't have this "roving cloud" of a floater going on in my one eye, I'm sure it wouldn't have bothered me at all, but since I do, it did effect how long I could read at any given time without going nuts. And when you are enjoying something you don't want to stop reading because you tire of rolling your eye around to try to clear it up to read more.
Anyway.. I did like this entire Rover series and the Quest for the Trilogy, he has some really enjoyable characters and put them on some excellent adventures! Thanks Mel! (gosh, maybe I shouldn't have called him that.. he might turn me into a toad!)

....'till next time..

7 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

HAHAHAHA!! This cracks me up. Great minds think alike, huh? Your gonna love The Tale of Despereaux. Such a great little book and I can't get enough of Kate DiCamillo now.

Awesome pile of books there. I have Wizards and The Wild Wood waiting for me too. Looking forward to both of those. Is that your first de Lint? If it is, I'm very excited for you! He's wonderful.

I totally understand the tiny print issue. I try to only buy trade paperbacks and hardbacks because I hate small print books. That's why it's been taking me so long to read Love in the Time of Cholera...sure it's a trade paperback, but the font is like bible print! Its so tiny! grrr

7:42 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

wow, that picture of the books showing the covers is really nice... All those covers are awesome together. :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Wow, that is a lot of reading. :-D

I know what you mean though. I'm a huge fan of the Resident Evil games, so obviously I'm a huge fan of the movies too. So when I found out that there is a book out that is written for the new movie that comes out in September, I jumped for joy then I went to the book store.

I read that book in two days. If I wasn't sick it would have taken longer (I couldn't sleep). I couldn't put the book down. The author wrote it pretty good. I think I am gonna go and see if there are other books based on Resident Evil.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I agree with Kailana, what a nice picture. It sounds like you have some great reading awaiting you!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Yummy! That pile makes me drool eventhough I have some of those already!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Knight and The Wizard. Oh my, those just hovered around me for days. You'll have to check out my joint review of them after you've read them. Can't wait to hear what you think of them.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

I loved the series that starts with so you want to be a wizard. Great kids/YA books.

7:11 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: yep .. my first de Lint!

Kailana: thanks!..now I hope they are all as good as their covers!

Nymeth: I hope they are good lol.

CarlV: it was your review that made me send for them! If I ever get to them I'll thank you I'm sure! lol

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home