My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Omar and More


Born in 1932 in Egypt Omar Sharif, at the tender age of 75 still has it!



I can't put a finger on exactly what it is...but he certainly still has it!


Yesterday I was watching a 1999 movie called The 13th Warrior, starring Antonio Banderas, when who wanders on to the screen but Omar Sharif. *sigh*


Still looking damn good, and acting like.. well ... like the great actor he is... and still looking handsome as ever! Dang him! I want some of his genes!


He has one of those voices too! You know who it is without even looking... but who would not want to look at Omar??!! (ok, ok so this is a female post! deal with it guys!)


I can't really imagine anyone not knowing Omar, but then there are an awful lot of very young bloggers, and many of those don't watch older movies... but just maybe some of those young folks have seen Doctor Zhivago.. maybe.


Anyway... it kept my mind off of other things while I watched that movie :o)


Last Saturday was my brother's 50th HS Reunion. He couldn't go of course, he's in rehab.. one of the gals in his class though thought it would be nice if a few stopped by to see him. He got all excited about it.. I began to get nervous wondering if at the last minute they'd figure they didn't have the time with all the goings on of a reunion.


One night he was talking about it and said he had a treatment due that day and wasn't sure how to get around it... then he said, "oh, I'll tell them to wait until the kids leave".


I lost it! KIDS?! This is a 50th Reunion! There ain't no "kids"!! lol


Saturday came and about a dozen folks showed up to visit him! He's be talking about it ever since. He was thrilled. He had a bunch of shirts he had painted and told them to take any they wanted. I know they didn't expect that!


During their visit I hobbled around taking pictures.. when I tired I sat down next to one of his school chums. (none of which he's seen in 50 yrs mind you!) The man began to talk to me... he had a name tag on from the reunion, Jac Clay. I didn't know him, (I maybe knew 3 of the folks that came ) I started chatting and joking, "nice name" I said, "I had a crush on a boy in school with that same last name, Peter Clay." (I bet you know what coming... heh) "You had a crush on my brother?!" *oh gawd, why me?*


We proceeded to have a good laugh about it and talked a bunch more.. nice fellow, all of them that came were nice.... they stayed about two hours before they had to leave to get ready for the big evening event (dinner and dance) for their reunion.. I thought it was awfully nice of the one gal (who hardly knew my brother) to take the time to arrange the group to come by. (Thanks Sally)


Guess that's all the news for now... about time to go where I can put my foot up for a bit... hope ya'll had a good Monday!


5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

That's so wonderful! It really is special when people show they care like that, especially after such a long time!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

That is so great to read about people like that. Those are some folks with real class!

I hate to admit it, but despite many recommendations from friends I still have not gotten around to watching The Thirteenth Warrior.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

An aunty of mine (through) marriage, played bridge opposite Omar Sharif back in the late seventies, early eighties and reckoned she found it very hard to concentrate on the cards! ;)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

He's still alive? Very cool! I know someone who saw Omar Sharif in a restaurant, I think in London - many years ago. I didn't realize he was still around.

9:31 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

asara: yeah, I thought it was fantastic that they did that!

Carl: I'm not the biggest fan of Antonio but that's a pretty good movie! I was surprised.

Lee: no kidding! I doubt I could have continued to play cards! lol (too busy drooling hahaha)

bookfool: he may not get lead parts anymore but he's still making movies! He appeared in 4 movies/ tv in 2006 and just completed a new movie..but no one will ever take Dr Zhivago from him!!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home