My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Something Old (moi)..Something New (boot)


My new $150.00 boot... (insurance doesn't cover it!)

................'nuf said.



FYI: in case you are thinking the boot is to big.. this is a "medium/ female boot". I tried on the small and my toes were hanging over the edge. I was told that a "medium" fits sizes 7-10. It makes me wonder why they have a large for females.. sure don't know many woman with shoe size over a 10!

The moral to the boot is: if you have to break a bone in your foot... I hope you have a size 6 foot or smaller! Oh, and 150.00 sitting around doing nothing. (yeah right sure: * whips out charge card*)

Oh, and you don't want to have to navigate up and down 12 stairs and walk through 2 rooms just to use the potty room. (this is not fun since the older you are, the more often you need the potty room!)

You also want a tiny refrigerator and a hot burner so you can have a cup of coffee or tea without using those same 12 stairs. (naturally, I do not have said items!)

Did I mention the fun it is trying to carry a cup of coffee UP those stairs? Well, here's how you do it.. you sit on the steps! Move the cup of coffee up as far as you can reach, then push yourself up one step at a time using your two arms and one leg .. repeat until you get to the top of the stairs! Of course this procedure gets harder the older you are. ('nuf said)

All of this simply means: you hold your bladder as long as possible, and you have to feel parched before you get something to drink!

Gosh, I can't wait until my brother comes home and I have to also go up and down to get him drinks and food and help him with his potty! I wish I were a Man! When they are sick or disabled someone waits on them.. when woman get sick... they wait on their self or do without! (ok.. there are a FEW men who help their wives, but I no longer have a husband to bitch about so take it with a grain of salt guys!)


Can you tell how happy I am? ..heh

Whew.. ok done complaining... for now.

8 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

:( That's so sad! How long are you stuck with the boot on? At least you're coming up with creative ways to do things ;) You sound as determined as me to have your coffee!

11:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: EIGHT WEEKS! Yeah I need my morning cup of cafe vienna (yes, I'm a wimp!) after that I can have more coffe or tea..but first cup has to be my Vienna!!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Eight weeks! Goodness me. I'll send my hubby over... he's very good at looking after patients.

I love your grumpy dragon. :-)

6:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: Sounds good to me! lol..

7:11 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Oh good grief!

I don't suppose you can relocate and make things easier? Like stay mostly upstairs?

I hope you heal quickly!

cjh

12:29 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a ness, Pat! I hate to say, it could be worse---You could have a cast and crutches...(OY)...How you would manage that would be even messier! Breaking bones in the foot or anywhere for that matter, is no fun at all....! (Is there a cast underneath the boot?)
We take so very many things for granted till we don't have them for a while...It is rather sobering, isn't it....And not fun!

Anyway my dear, I hope it eases a tiny bit as the weeks go on....

11:26 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Aw Deslily, I'm so sorry to hear about this. And eight weeks, argh! I hope they fly by as quickly as possible!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

So sorry about your injury and the boot. Wish I had known, my wife just got done with her boot and I think it is the exact same one. She had a SEVERE ankle sprain and had to wear it for several weeks. It was not fun for any of us! ;)

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home