My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday at the Movies

Sunday was a good day for Halloween type movies! I was beginning to think they weren't going to show any..sheesh.

Today began with House of Usher. Vincent Price can be as creepy as anyone!

I know this movie was made in 1960, in a day when color was everything, but to be honest with you, this movie should have been in black and white, I think it would have added to the gothic atmosphere.

Shortly after that movie came Tim Burton's, Beetlejuice... I do enjoy that movie .. that was back when Alec Baldwin was.. well..ya know.. (a young hottie!) and Geena Davis looked great!!

..and then there was Michael Keaton, who was born to be Beetlejuice! hahaha

After Beetlejuice came Hocus Pocus. with Bette Midler..whatta witch!

The Halloweenish movies ended with another of Tim Burton's movies: Corpse Bride!

It was a good day for Halloween movies!! And I watched them all!!

So.. how was your Sunday?

11 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

What a wonderful Sunday! Of course you know how my Sunday was because of today's post.

I don't mind Usher being in color. I still find it creepy and it is one of my favorite of the Corman/Price horror films.

I haven't seen Beetlejuice in forever, but Geena Davis looked great in that movie. Hard to believe how long ago that film came out.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

That sounds like a great Sunday! I absolutely love Beetlejuice, and I have fun memories of having seen Hocus Pocus when I was younger.

This Sunday I watched "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" - not exactly a Halloween movie, but it did give me more nightmares than anything else as a kid. And still I'd watch it again and again.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ohh, Hocus Pocus is one of my guilty pleasures when Halloween comes around. It's so silly, but I love it, I'd watch it three times in a row, if it would be on that often! And Beetlejuice, also a favorite! I haven't seen Corpse Bride yet, but I want to.. I hope I can catch it on DVR or something soon.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

I have an enormous DVD collection. This Sunday I watched "Plague of the Zombies" a Hammer horror film. Some good moments, but overall, a pretty bad experience.

Why is it that we need to see things broadcast? I'll stop at a screening of "The Exorcist", but god forbid I should get off my ass, go to the rack, find the DVD, and stick it in the carousel.

2:31 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Hocus Pocus is to Halloween, for me what The Santa Clause and Prancer are to Christmas.

My Sunday was pretty laid back but I did get to spend time with my niece and watch her ride. That was great.

cjh

8:37 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

We spent the day at an amusement park that was all gussied up for Halloween. My daughters delighted in pointing out all the scary clowns to me (clowns have always freaked me out). They think it's a hoot. I love that you had a horror movie-thon on Sunday - I haven't done that in ages! Thanks for reminding me to put Corpse Bride on my Neflix queue so we can watch it again for Halloween!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

"Beetlejuice" was a fun movie. I remember being pleasantly surprised when I first saw it.

11:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: with all of that, still not one old b&w dracula/frankenstein/ werewolf movie! Forgot to mention that Young Frankenstein was on the day before around here.

Nymeth: Ohh, Indy!! I love all 3 of those movies and can't wait for the new one to come out!

Asara: hard to believe but that was the first time I saw Corpse Bride and totally enjoyed it! I think you will too!

Stewart: you aren't alone! LOL I'll sit and watch a movie on tv and complain about all the commercials but won't get out the old vhs and watch it!

cj:oh nice watching your niece on horseback. I haven't seen anyone riding since I left CA 9 yrs ago.. and then it was a horse show.

darla: I was surprised that the family station put on all those movies.. I was beginning to think no one was going to show any. You're scared of clowns? oh my! I was a clown for special olympics in florida.. afraid of me? lol

Hi Lee..yeah, Baldwin was handsome back then..and Keaton was fabulous as beetlejuice.

6:22 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a great day, Pat! Did you make yourself some Popcorn, too---I hope? LOL! I need to watch Hocus Picus again...My memory is that it was not a very good film....But, maybe seeing it again would be illuminating...! (Especially this time of year...)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh...I loved Beetlejuice!! And the Corpse Bride!! And Hocus Pocus!!

I spent the Sunday, watching football and working!!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhh my! I bet you knOw that I'm not EVEN into scary movies! LOL! But I LOVE that top graphic! Very cool!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home