My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Quick Book Report

Dragon's Keep by Janet Lee Carey
Hardcover: 320 pages (YA)
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books (April 1, 2007)
ISBN-10: 0152059261



Princess Rosalind Pendragon is meant to fulfill a 600-year-old prophecy from Merlin that she will restore her family's good name and end a war.
Rosalind was born with one dragon talon, which is a fearful secret known only to the teen and her mother. It is kept hidden and over the years, the queen tries desperately to find a cure for the curse.
When Rosalind reveals her claw to Lord Faul, a dragon that has been terrorizing the island, he steals her to be nursemaid to his motherless children where she learns of her dragon blood . Rosalind and the dragons are bound together in a complex relationship that, in the end, helps her fulfill the prophecy.
During this book Rosalind ages from 14-17 yrs old. I was a bit surprised it is a YA book... though it resembles a fairytale in it's telling. The storytelling was a bit different from most of the YA books I've been reading, but I quite enjoyed the differences!
Yes, yet another great read!!
Somehow I fell behind posting this! Because I am almost done with The Thief Queens Daughter! ack! Anyway, here's this one....

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

This sounds really good!! And I love your dragon!

11:03 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh this one sounds so cool! I want it...I'm getting it :) I know I'd love this one just by the cover. The cover is great! It's designed very well...It's rare that you see a cover that tells you as much about a book as this one does. Very appealing!

11:46 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Steph & Chris: It's a fast read and I enjoyed it alot. It's one of those books that you feel the author could have extended the length of but at the same time you know you haven't missed anything. Make sense ??

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home