My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Is It Really February?

Time flies.. here it is February 4th already!
Here in northern NJ have had the strangest winter I can ever remember. No snow! Ok, well we've had "dustings" and "flurries" but always they turn into rain and if you hadn't actually SEEN it snow you'd never have known it did. (this is NOT a complaint!)
This morning, after having heard over the weekend that our temps for the week would be in the 40's and even into the 50's, I looked out my window and it was... snowing!
(the roof outside my window)



So, I turn on the news and sure enough, it says it will turn into rain.
This is weird! Never can I remember not having inches and inches of snow by now! Of course right a way I think of "global warming". You know, that thing they insist is "not happening"... heh, yeah right.
Now, I know other areas have been hit hard by snow, and we have a way to go, even here, before winter is over. And I suspect we WILL get snow before winter is over. It's just not normal!
Yes, we've had mild winters before. But never in my very long life, do I remember not having snow covered streets this far into winter. Part of me hopes this continues all winter (naturally) but another part wonders what it all means?
I do know one thing.. I hope t'hell it isn't all waiting to happen the weekend of March 8th when I have a convention I am going to, and they don't allow you to get your money back for the tickets!! It can snow all it wants as long as the streets are clear and safe and no snow expected that weekend!! ... I guess we'll see how that goes.
In the meantime I don't think I'll be building any snowmen!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

There was an article on the news today about how the effects of global warming might not be gradual after all but could happen much more quickly once the ice sheet starts to melt. It could speed up apparently. Not exactly what you want to hear when you've got kids and grandkids like we have. I was hoping for a few more years myself too! LOL.

7:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Cath: yeah, no kidding! It amazes me that it's not considered "all that important"!! The individual can only do small things.. though, it does count, it's not the same as major changes, in which they aren't willing to make it happen..

7:23 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I think people are divided over whether it's natural or man made.

No argument that the earth has warmed recently. Especially around here in winter. Fortunately we're having more snow this winter then any for past five. But not as much as say.. 30 years ago.
I don't think our summers have been warmer, though.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Yes, no bad weather for conventions! I am totally on board for that and have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Wow! It's so incredibly hot here! I can't believe it's still snowing. I have a feeling I'm going to be in for a long summer.

3:40 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

pam: the only arguement is with the government admitting there is a problem!

Carl: thanks! they are all crossed here too! lol

ladytink: I have thought the past number of years has had big weather changes.. this just adds to it... it IS scary at times

3:45 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

We've had waaaaay less snow than usual here, too. I miss it :(

But my digits will be crossed for you for the 8th of March as well!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Kim L said...

That is so nice that your winter has been mild. Here in MN we've had a number of milder winters in the past few years, but this year it has been just COLD!! Like below zero with windchill for weeks. Its finally warmed up here (its 20 degrees or so out).

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home