My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Just For Fun

This week Karen's Monday Photo Shoot is to open something (anything: a drawer a box etc) and take a photo of what's in it...

I decided to play once again... what I chose to open was a box under my bed. One of the MANY boxes I have of my old vhs tapes. I call them old because I had to pretty much stop buying movies once I had lost my job and wound up on welfare for a time and then on to social security. I do get an ocassional movie now but it's rare. And I will say in my defense of owning probably near 500 movies is that in California most I bought were "used" and others were yearly movies sent to DeForest for his consideration for Oscars.. so my "collection" was rarely bought new movie!

So I opened this box and took a photo... then I took off layers so you could see others in the box.

(just a wild guess of mine is that I packed this box when I was at my Harrison Ford movies... just a guess mind you)

Anyway.. I thought this was a rather cute idea for a photo shoot so I decided to do it... If anyone else decides to do it please leave a link at Karen's website!! (link is above)

9 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

A couple of my favourite Harrison Ford movies there. Plus, Men in Black - love Tommy Lee Jones in that... in 'anything' to be honest! Love Mrs. Brown too. One movie I've never seen is Saving Private Ryan. Is it good?

8:58 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Cath: yeah I like Tommy Lee too! lol.. and what's not to love about Mrs Brown? Sheesh! I mean Judi Dench! oh yeah, and Billy Connolley was brillient in that movie!!(who'da thunk? hehe)
Private Ryan is good.. a story about a whole family of sons that all join the war.. when all but one son is killed they go in to find the one remaining son in hopes to take him out before the parents loose everyone of their children to the war.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

It's so neat to see the "for your consideration" ones in among the rest. When we were in the used record business in the early 1980s, some of the most sought-after records were the white-label promos.

2:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Karen: yeah, more then you realize lol.. not all are like the 1996 academy... most were normal covers it was just that year that one studio did that.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I’ve found that I love old movies more nowadays anyway. The newer ones just don’t impress me for the most part. I love my VHS’ and my library has tons of good movies, even some new ones!

12:34 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Great idea for a Photo Shoot! I loved "Random Hearts"....And I guess one would say you LOVE Harrison Ford! (lol). You have Great Taste, Pat!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

well... here I come with popcorn.

8:56 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ladytink: I have close to 500 movies on vhs... someone asked if I was going to get them in dvd.. I won't live long enough to spend that kind of money! lol

Thanks Naomi: I have a small collection of Harrison movies! And Connery, and Widmark!

Pamela: Ooooo popcorn! come on over!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Kiva said...

Just to be nosy, what were the two "For your consideration movies" for 1996? You have a very diverse selection there!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home