My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, June 27, 2008

A Question and the Hulk

Nicole from Word for Teens is posing what I think is a great question.. one that would make a great post!

Her Question is this:

If you could be any character in a novel, who would you be and why - and include somehow acting like that character!
Be creative. Don't say Bella from Twilight because she's in love with Edward - say Lessa from Dragonflight because she manages to run a whole Weyr in the face of failure. Take the character into consideration, not who she's in love with! (And you can still use either of those.


I think this is a great question! And if you'd like to post on it please use her link above so that you leave a link at her blog! The reason I think this question is so good is because it's kinda like: what's your favorite food? For surely there is more than one answer!

At times I think we all wish we were someone else or some place else, and then there are times when you just need to escape life in general.

Even if a person doesn't read a lot, there are (and have been) so many books made into movies that they'd still have a character that they just can't forget that they'd probably want to be.

It makes me wonder:

How many guys wouldn't want to be a superhero?? or a sorcerer like Gandalf? Want to be like Indiana Jones? Or maybe flying through space as Hans Solo? Or maybe someone just wants to be "anywhere but where they are", and a home in the trees like the Swiss Family Robinson, really doesn't sound too bad !

I'm not sure could even do this. Most of my favorite characters from books (and movies) are men .. or dragons.. neither of which would quite be right, if you get what I mean. So if it sounds interesting to you please do a post on it and link to Nicoles blog by leaving a comment!!

Now... since I mentioned super hero's... and since the new movie "The Incredible Hulk" is now out in the theaters I thought I would post a few photo's of Lou Ferrigno, the Original Hulk!

I had the pleasure of working with Lou at an autograph show, way back when I lived in California. Lou shows up at shows here in New Jersey fairly regular and I always visit with him. He is one phenominal man! He looks exactly the same as he did 9 years ago!! (and let me say this: no one should look this good at 57 yrs old!)

Here's the autographed book by Lou that I have and some photo's of him when he played the Hulk with Bill Bixby....


... and since I have this "thing" for beards (and always have).. here's on of him as Hercules!

... last but not least... (oh to be this thin again!!)

(broke my heart hanging on to those thighs, but someone had to do it! LOL LOL!)

I found out that Lou does the voice of the new Hulk and has a small part in the new movie... It's nice to see that they haven't forgotten Lou after all these years.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

67!! It's unfair how he could look like that. He can still compete in body building.

4:18 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi planet: 57 not 67 but you are still right!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

57 and he looks like that? Makes you want to give up right now doesn't it? Yes, it must have been really hard work hanging on to those thighs, Pat... we feel your pain. ;-P

7:09 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Thank you Cath.. lol .. you made me giggle! hahahaha

7:11 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

It is so amazing to me how physically fit he is still today! The guy doesn't seem to age!

Lou F. was the first celebrity I ever met. I remember being a kid and my parents taking us and our friends to Omaha to a big car show so that we could see the General Lee and meet The Hulk. In addition to seeing all the other cool cars, of course. That is a really fun memory that I hadn't thought of for awhile, thanks for sparking it!

11:12 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Carl: Oh cool that you met him!! He's the nicest guy !! He still does these shows all over the USA so there's a chance you'll meet him again one day!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home