My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Good News- Bad News

First, the bad news.. my brother is back in the hospital. It's cellulitis again in his legs. He will be treated and depending on how well he responds he will be home in a week or to a rehab for further treatment. We expect him home in a week the way things are now.

Ok.. so..this is both bad and good for me personally. Bad in that I hate, with a passion, having to go to the hospital every single night until he comes home.

The "good" part is that I can leave the house with David. And yesterday he wanted to go look for new pants so I tagged along. After shopping at Sears we went into the mall and low and behold.. I saw a Dalton book store!

We went over "just to look". and look at the sign outside of the store!

Hello? Can we say, I ran right in?!!!!

It looks as if they still have a lot but actually the store was half empty already.

I did find 3 books that were on my amazon wish list though...

Three new beauties! Total was 26.00. Not great but not bad! 40 percent off is a good savings!

These three have been on my list for some time and I probably wouldn't have gotten them for an even longer time, but when a sale plops in you lap....... well, you know~!

Today is David's last day of his vacation... so I got up my nerve and asked if he'd drive me to the movies. I sooooooo want to see Hellboy II.... and well... I am headed off to get dressed to go see Hellboy!!! I won't post this until I return and make a comment or two about it!! (dancin' in my mind.. oh yeah! oh yeah! gunna see Hellboy, oh yeah!)

... Look ! I actually got to a movie theater!!...

I had only planned on the above photo to prove I got to a theater but once inside I found the Hulk..... and he was big!

... and Kung Foo Panda! (neither movie was playing there so not sure why these were still there but hey.. how cute! lol)

Then I actually got to see Hellboy II !!....... yiiiiiiii haaawwww! He even brought out "baby" for me! heh..

There was certainly no denying it was a del Toro movie, and no denying that the makeup artists, the costume design artists and the special effects folks, all had major workouts in this movie!

I'm really glad I got to see it on the big screen! (though I know when it is available in dvd I will get it and watch it numerous times on a small screen). In this movie Hellboy's sense of humor is explored more than the last movie... I can't remember the last time I laughed or chuckled so many times in an action adventure movie! (but then I rarely get to movies so don't go by me!)

Perlman has his character down to a "t", I doubt he needs much in the way of direction when he plays Hellboy anymore. The rest of the cast was great also. I love that they did little changing of the actors/ actresses that played the main characters to continue the franchise.

And then there was Roy. ... ok the king. A small part but ..but... I would have gone to see any movie Roy Dotrice is in no matter how small the part. However, I do admit I would have seen Hellboy if he wasn't in this movie too. But he was wonderful.

I hope, the powers that be, were smart enough to get all the signatures for the possibility of a next installment, which I feel sure there will be!

The movie was great! If you didn't see it you should plan on renting it or buying the dvd!! Once it's released it won't be on my "wish list" for long!

9 Comments:

Blogger barrettmanor said...

Sorry your brother is back in the hospital. But yes, getting out of the house is good. Sales are even better!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your brother heals quickly and comes home soon.

Hey - I wanted to let you know I received the Farworld book - and read the thing in one day (while nursing, of course). Cute book - great for kids. The story line was a little too simplistic for me, as an adult - but I would totally read this to my 7 year old. (and I probably will later until the other books come out so he wont' have to wait for the ending).

I will post a review soon.

(oh - I am reading Inkheart to him right now. I have to paraphrase a bit - I didn't realize how wonderful the book really is until I started reading aloud. Funke has amazing imagery. My son is enjoying it.)

3:36 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Julie: this is a pretty usual part of his hospital stays..so all should go ok.. yeah sales!

Karmyn: give Scott a link when you review his book, he enjoys reading them all !!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

First of all I'm sorry to hear about your brother, Pat. Cellulitis is a horrible thing I gather. On the other hand I loved hearing about your trip out! Three hardbacks for $26 (about £12 here) sounds pretty good to me. I bet you were like a kid in a candy store. Woohoo! And how great that you got an unexpected trip to the movies. Really glad you enjoyed Hellboy so much as I know how much you were longing to see it.

7:18 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

What a bummer that your brother's back in the hospital :( Wish I was closer to help you out! Hope things get better for him soon and he's home rather than in the rehab.

On a positive note, I'm thrilled (and extremely jealous) that you got to see Hellboy II! I still haven't seen it yet, but I'm dying to! Hopefully I can fit it in sometime soon. My next day off is Friday, so maybe I'll go sometime during the day. We'll see...

3:21 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: I liked Hellboy I and then when I heard Roy Dotrice had a small part in Hellboy II I knew I wanted to see it! (his part is over quick lol.. but it was still great seeing him!)

Chris:The only thing that seemed "strange" to me is that some of the creatures seemed right out of Pans Labyrinth. But I love that no matter "how dark" the movie is, that our "hero", Hellboy, has a funny sense of humor... that makes him fun to watch

6:32 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you are one crazy woman. Hellboy. Who'd have guessed.

(does that describe your brother when he is in the hospital, too? bwwaa ha ha ha, sorry. couldn't help myself)

12:22 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sad to read that Dalton's was closing...Are all the Dalton's closing? The Bookstore or Bookshop as we knew it...Well...It is over, I guess. There are still "specialty" bookshops of coyrse, but one wonders how long THAT will last!
Glad you got to go to an actual Movie Theatre Pat....Sorry to read about your brother...I hope his recovery is swift and that you won't have to go to the Hospital every night.

5:50 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Naomi: not sure about if all B Daltons are closing.. this one is because a very large Barnes and Noble is opening at the mall... and B&N owns B Dalton.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home