My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tidbits

This 'n' that...

Can you believe that Michael Jackson is 50 years old?!! Hello?!! FIFTY? Damn Sam, when did I get this old?!!!! I remember watching him as a little kid with his brothers! aggggggg!

(I thought the below photo was a good one considering that I just joined the RIP Challenge that is to read creepy books until Halloween!... this photo was when he was still a good looking guy! (before all the surgery)

oh.. and August is ending... September is beginning, along with school, which means Fall is on it's way........

I happened to catch this pic of a squirrel... he was lookin' for food to "squirrel away" for winter! heh...

Not too long ago Carl sent me to a website...

Why, you ask?

Oh please.. ask!


...because although we've never met he does know me well enough to know I would absolutely FLIP when I saw this photo...

I WANT ONE!.. or two..heh.. Gawd this photo has been driving me crazy ever since Carl directed me to it!... ohhhhhhhhhhhh how I would love this to be real and to have one for my very own!!

Remember the tiny dragons in Harry Potter when they had to choose which dragon they would face?... well, I loved them too! heh.. somehow I doubt that surprises anyone!

As anyone who watches the weather on television knows, Gustov is growing bigger everyday and headed for New Orleans again!

I have 2 friends there and sure hope things aren't like they were when Katrina hit ! I think I'd be considering a move to another state! (or way inland). Gads... the news is on here.. they are calling it a "monster storm" and "storm of the century".. this is not good news ..not good at all.

And lastly..

My brother is doing "ok". He's out of ICU (first time in 3 weeks) and has a defibrillator now under his skin. I'm not sure what's next. I know some rehab..but if there's more before that I don't know. He's been in the hospital over a month now.

I wish I could say that things look "good" but to be honest they don't. I think (think!) he may come home eventually here (a few more weeks? a month?) but I'm not sure if he will improve any of we just have a waiting game.... it's all a matter of one day at a time.

So.. that's that for now...

13 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That picture of the baby dragon is incredible and well done, whoever did it.

Yeah, not looking good for NOLA is it. At least they are evacuating but I'm afraid if this storm comes onshore, even in a vacated NOLA, it may just kill the city. A cat 5 would devestate the region. Let's hope something unusual happens to lower the strength or divert it.

10:29 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: please be safe! I'll be watching and hoping for the best!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I kind of wouldn't mind having one myself. It's really cute!!! Gustav is scaring me senseless, especially since it's supposed to be here tomorrow. Oh I'm glad your brother is doing okay! I hope he gets even better soon.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the baby dragon!

My hubby is upset because he, Madonna and Michael J. all turned 50 this year!

3:03 PM  
Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Hi what fantastic photography?
I really enjoyed reading your blog and will certainly return.




YVONNE;

4:07 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

I remember the Thriller album. It was truly epic and the video is still a classic. I'm surprised that I didn't realize MJ was as old as my sister.

Wouldn't it be nice if Gustav fizzled? I'm scared to death about New Orleans and the rest of the gulf coast. This is going to be horrible.

I'll keep your brother in my prayers.

cjh

5:41 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

ladytink: ohh I hope you do ok during the hurricane!! let us know asap that all is well!!

bobbi: awww poor babies... all of them.. I'd love to be 50 again! sheesh lol

hello yvonne ...welcome to my world!

5:43 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: I would be as happy as those in line to be hit by the hurricane to hear that it fizzled out!..

5:46 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

The dragon is gorgeous - I want one too!

I was really shocked when you said that Michael Jackson is 50. And then I thought, 'But of course he is!' I was a teen when I used to buy The Jackson 5's singles and he was not that much younger than me.

They were saying on the news tonight that the hurricane may not be the storm of the century like they were saying and that it has veered to the left a bit. I hope they're right but whatever... some poor devil's going to get it. Let's hope *everyone* stays safe.

6:23 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE the picture of that Squirrel! He is really dear!
Good to hear your brother is finally out of ICU, but I'm sorry to read that he may stay pretty much in the state of Health he is in right now.
This Gustuv is a MONSTER MKNSTER Storm, from what I am hearing----Like the worst, ever! I fear New Orleans will not be able to withstand it given the fact that it is STILL trying to recover from Katriba three years ago. And where else will Gustov do heavy heavy damage...!


Actually Pat, you would have to go back to a picture of Michael J. as a young boy to find one where there had been no Plastic Surgery. The picture you picked? His nose has already been altered, and who knows what else. Poor Soul!

6:47 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Cath.. lol I do think we are related ! hahahaha.. my mother's parents were Englis and I just know we are related! hahaha.. but I'm sure we wouldn't fight over the dragon.. we'd share him! (her?) hahaha

I hope wherever the hurricane lands that no one is hurt!

Hi Naomi.. glad you liked the little squirrel!

Oh I knew Michael had work on his nose by the time of that album, but not too much and he wasn't trying to turn white yet.. so sad . I don't like my looks either but I wouldn't do what he did.. strange that we never see in the mirror what others see when they look at us.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

well I'm post gustaf, so we know the storm was bad -- but not as bad as it could have been.

and the dragon -- It does make owning a dragon look sweet (and smokey)

I'm so sorry to hear about all the travails of your brother.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

oh... almost forgot ..
re M!ch@el J

Doesn't that just make you long for his pre-horror days (not pre-horror video, but pre-horror him)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home