My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Copy and Paste

Since my blog means so much to me, I am working as hard as I can to save it from disappearing. (well, the photo's anyway)..

I only have until the end of this month to do this. Once the photo's disappear, so do the names of what pics when where in the html.

I've been doing this a few days now.. needles to say, my neck hurts my back hurts and my butt hurts! I'm not used to hours at a time, none stop , working at the computer. Before this the only time I've done that kind of work is when I've gotten a new computer and had to put everything back on it and do all sorts of setting etc. That would take me about a week of 10 hrs a day to get it all going again...and it was grueling!... and so is trying to upload and replace 3,000 photo's in a month! I honestly doubt I will make it, but I can't just sit and wait for the photo's to disappear, thanks to AOL.

AOL did come up with a good transfer from AOL to blogspot. And it looks like everything transferred just fine. The problem remains that when AOL deletes the space where we uploaded our photo's the pictures will still disappear because their html address will be an AOL address.

Now when I open a post in archives and see more than one photo (which is almost all the time).. I groan! I have to upload them to photobucket, copy the script, delete (IMG) at the head and foot of the script, then copy and paste it into each post. This of course means I have to eyeball every html post and find the AOL jpg address for each photo so I paste the corrected one in, then post the old post ,and hit the back button twice to get back to the archive list.

It is very time consuming! After each session I could use a good rubdown!.. or any rubdown at all!.. *groan* I think I should never use a photo in my posts again! ... but it's something I enjoy alot, working with photo's in psp. *sigh*

I can't win. So, I will close with some words of wisdom:

"Never accept a drink from a urologist."

9 Comments:

Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I'm almost positive I don't have an AOL journal (and if I do then it doesn't matter) but they sent me that email saying that they're working with blogger to transfer the old blogs. I'm sorry!

9:03 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a grueling job, Pat! I don't envy you at all. I hope you are able to get a lot done, my dear.

As to working at the computer all day...I feel like I spemd an awful lot of the day in front of this machine....Between all my interests, it just seems like I'm sitting here more than not! Especially if I am working on pictures, and I seem to be working on pictures, a lot!

Much good luck to you, my dear, in this enormous undertaking...!

Can you save ALL your posts in AOL ro Discs, and then go through this process without that pressure...OR, am I not really understanding the problem too well...? Sorry if this suggestion seems simplistic...Just trying to help in my own feeble way.

12:39 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

tink: yeah it sucks lol

Hi Naomi: I have my posts saved to word.. but there is no "script" in word so it doesn't tell me the name of each photo and I have 59 file folders with photo's in them (totaling more than 3,000 pics).. I don't want to have to hunt each one down by sight lol

i am stubborn to the point of giving myself pain not to loose what little I have.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

It does sound very time-consuming...I'm sorry that you have to go through this!

2:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: besides tiring as all get out.... it's not leaving me any time to read! grrrrrrrrrrr

3:07 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I'm sorry for this as well, Pat. I hope you manage to get a lot done before the deadline.

On the cheerful side I was on Dartmoor again today and it was beautiful. I'll be posting more photos soon.

6:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Cath: back on the Moor eh?.. no mysterious howling was there? :o) I'm up to Sept 2006 (working from 2005) I've really got to learn how to do more posts without pictures lol lol..

6:28 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm so sorry that you're having to do all this crap to save it all, but at the same time I'm thrilled that you're doing it! It means that there's a better chance that you'll stick around :D

4:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: I'm beginning dec 2006 and getting more tired all the time.. I have no idea how much I can do before aol deletes the pics. I am assuming once they are gone the names of the pics will be gone from the scripts too. replacing by eyeballing would take longer than I have to live!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home