My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday...

I just want to thank everyone for your good wishes on my brothers passing.

David and I are doing fairly well. I think we are even a bit better than I expected.

We buried my brother yesterday, on a gorgeous fall day, with the trees in the cemetary at their prettiest. He was surrounded in "the Glen" with pretty reds and yellow trees. He would have liked that.

I was presented an American flag folded in the Armed Services fashion because my brother was a Vet. I didn't expect that.

I'm not really facing the far ahead future yet, but just taking a day at a time for now. I even got back to my book last night, though I admit I didn't read for very long. Maybe a little more today.

I know I will have ups and downs for a while now, but I think without realizing it, the 3 months in the hospital gave us fair warning. So.. I'm dong ok.

Since I don't work, and David went back to work and I am here alone, I will be at my computer to help keep my mind busy. I am still trying to save my blog photo's and I think I will be able to do that before time runs out with aol. It may seem strange to be doing this at this point and time, but it helps !

Thanks again.. I will begin to get back to reading and commenting in other blogs, slow but sure.

14 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

stay hugged, dear!

His resting place sounds like a beautiful place for the living, as well.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I really don't think it sounds strange to be doing that at this time... it's important to keep busy, and if it manages to make you think about something else even for a little while, then that's a good thing.

You'll be in my thoughts.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

I think that staying busy is probably the best thing for you. Not that it makes having to redo all of those pictures any better.

As always, if there is anything I can help with, let me know. I've picked up the =new= laptop and have almost got everything loaded onto it that I need. I just installed Live Writer this morning (at 3 am... but that's another story) and I remember I'm going to look into a couple of things for you. I haven't forgotten!!

{{{Hugs}}

5:51 PM  
Blogger Bookfool said...

My mother got a folded flag when my dad died. Isn't it a lovely memento? My mom had hers put in a wooden case.

I'm glad you're doing okay. There's no hurry getting back to blog-hopping. Grieving is hard. I've been a lot less interested in blogging since my mother's death, earlier this year, myself.

7:41 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Thank you Pam.

nymeth: yes, it occupies my mind but it's not something I have to really concentrate on either, so working on saving the pics is really good for me.. only 3 more months worth to go and I'm done!

Astaryth: I am so sick of looking at html it isn't funny!
Ohhh congrats on the NEW laptop! Hope this one lasts long and is no problem!

7:42 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Be kind and gentle with yourself, Pat....And do whatever feels right to you and for you. This is a hard time and both you and David have been through such a great deal....Take good care, my dear. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad it was a beautiful day for your brothers funeral....

12:53 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I am so glad that they day for the funeral was a lovely one. I do not think it sounds odd at all for you to be doing normal routine things or even things that might be seen as busy work. It is a natural part of the healing process and makes perfect sense. Again, I am so very sorry for your loss.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your loss! You and David take care of yourselves. Hugs.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I just emailed you, Pat. Dreadfully sorry to hear the news. You take care.

7:39 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thank you Naomi..

carl: well when i thought about it, it did seem wrong somehow to be "fiddling on the computer" when all this happened just the other day.. but its do that or sit and think and I don't want to think alot right now.

thank you Kim.. I think we're doing ok.

Thanks Cath.. got the email.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Sage Ravenwood said...

It sounds like there was a serene beautiful Autumn day to bury your brother. I know given the choice no one would want to have that task. I think it's honorable they gave you a flag to pay respect to his service. Your in my thoughts dear friend.

I just read you were able to transfer and change all your photos, kudos to you. I know that was no easy task to accomplish. (Hugs)Indigo

5:14 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I am glad that the day and the resting place for David was beautiful Pat. You have been in my thoughts a lot since he died. Love, Helen

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't commented earlier. I am very sorry for your loss and hope you can move forwards from here. Sounds like you buried your brother in a beautiful place you can go back and visit. Give it time, don't put pressure on yourself to be "better". Thinking of you.

10:24 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Indigo: I actually miss the pressure to finish the photo transfer!.. it was good because it occupied my mind to thinking!

Helen: thank you. My brother is Jim, but it will also be Davids resting place ..it's a shame that the cemetary is the only pretty place left in this town!

Hi Rhinoa: thank you. hey, are we going to see NY pictures on your blog soon??? You were within an hour of me in New Jersey.. would you believe I never go into NY anymore.. not since I was young! (back then NY had horse drawn trollies! *snicker)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home