My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Huckleberry Finn 1960

 

Huckleberry Finn

Tony Randall ...  The King of France
Archie Moore ...  Jim
Eddie Hodges ...  Huckleberry Finn
Patty McCormack ...  Joanna Wilkes
Neville Brand ...  Pap Finn
Mickey Shaughnessy ...  The Duke
Judy Canova ...  Sheriff's wife
Andy Devine ...  Mr. Carmody
Sherry Jackson ...  Mary Jane Wilkes
Buster Keaton ...  Lion Tamer
Finlay Currie ...  Capt. Sellers
Josephine Hutchinson ...  Widow Douglas
Parley Baer ...  Grangeford man
John Carradine ...  Slave catcher
Royal Dano ...  Harlan, Sheriff
Dolores Hawkins ...  Riverboat singer
Sterling Holloway ...  Barber
Harry Dean Stanton ...  Slave Catcher (as Dean Stanton)

Yeah, you know I love the old movies. 

And love when one that always blows me away comes on TCM.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn came on TCM and blew me away... again.

No, it's not as old as most of the movies on TCM, but then they show greatness no matter what the year of the movie.

What is it that makes me smile so and takes me away?   It's movies like this with multiple stars in them.  Some of the parts not really all that big, but they are there anyway!

I love it !  I love it !   I love it !

   

  

  

I put these pictures in just so you can put a face to the names.  I know many of you don't even know who these people are, but trust me...  they are fantastic actors one and all!

So, as always TCM had some great movies on this Saturday.. but this is the one that really stood out for me.  I know it's because  of the many memories these actors have given me over many many .. *gulp*.. many years.

I wish everyone of you knew these people and enjoyed their movies as much as I do.  Everytime I feel as I do about a certain old movie I turn around and wish the same thing, and then feel sad knowing so many people don't know them .. and probably never will.

This movie deserves all 5 boxes of popcorn!!

    

9 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

I haven't seen this one, but what a great collection of actors in it, huh?

4:09 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Oh my. Finally you're talking about a movie I haven't seen! Tony Randall and Sterling Holloway are favorites, though. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

I love TCM and AMC. The old movies are the best.

cjh

4:12 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: absolutely great character actors!!!

cj: lol, well it's not as old as many on TCM but it's a good one! I've always loved TCM and AMC (which i don't get because I don't have a cable "box" but I'm glad I get TCM!)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

There, I've actually seen this one. Many moons ago... And know who most of the actors are too, so there ya go. I ought to read the book again one day too, I know I loved it but can't remember very much else.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've never seen this but I think I may have seen clips of Sterling Holloway's part. I LOVE Sterling Holloway (matter of fact, I just did a post on Pooh lol)

OT: Shamesless self promotion here but did you seen my Davy Crockett post?

10:02 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Andy Devine as cookie in Roy Rogers show. Oh he was so wonderful.

1:09 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: wow.. I am impressed lol !

Tink: you can do a shameless plug on my blog anytime!.. somehow I missed that post, but went there and watched the videos after I read the post!!

Pam: yes, I loved Andy as Roy's sidekick and also remember the Andy Devine kiddie show "plunk you magic twanger froggie"..

6:17 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

... and midnight the cat

6:17 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I've never seen this version...In fact, I'm ashamed to say, I'm not even familiar with it! And though I watch a lot of fulms on TCM, I missed this one!
Netflix, Here I Come....! (lol)

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home