My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, January 19, 2009

I've Got Mail, and It's Your Fault...

Well, Chris is in fine company as I get to add three more to the ever-growing list of folks who just twist my arm until i give in. (you believe that? heh)

The other day I ordered The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger . Now I don't generally read "sci-fi" but both Kailana and Nymeth made this sound like a "must read".. so.. if I must... I must!

Then Natasha did up a review on Admit One by Emmett James and so, not wanting to pay for shipping, I ordered them both. *sigh*

Lessee: I reviewed two books and ordered three books (yeah yeah, well one was my own fault The Ice Dragon was a mere 3.99!).. so far, this means... my tbr pile got fatter by one! This is not how it's supposed to work!

Since the Ice Dragon is so small I may have to give myself a break while reading the chunkster book I am into right now to read it just so I can deduct another book off of the tbr pile! (at least that will even me out, sheesh)

13 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Oh. You're going to read The Time Traveler's Wife. I shall be very interested to hear what you think of that, Pat. Personally... no... I'm not saying *g*. Anyway, back in the land of the living today. Just.

6:54 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

HI Cath: ohhh, still not feeling that well huh? I hope things turn for the better before the day is done and you begin to feel better.
Well, the time travelers wife is in the tbr pile! "when" I read it is the question! Many of the books in the tbr pile are bigger than i remember lol many over 400 pgs, the one I am reading now is 659! so no fast reads lol

7:11 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Well, Chris was the one to make me get The Time Traveler's Wife, so he's the original accused :P If you don't like it, it'll be HIS fault, really :P But I hope you do. And a good thing about it is that it's one of those chunksters that feel much much shorter than they really are.

9:14 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: lol I think that's called passing the buck! hahaha..
geez, doesn't anyone write a 350 pg book anymore? Longer doesn't necessarily mean better..but of course when it's really good I am glad its long.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I have a feeling you'll love TTW. It is so different than anything I've read and so very good.

Missed you during the mini-challenge this weekend. I know sci-fi isn't your thing, but you were still missed.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I hope you enjoy TTW! I read it pre-blog days, so I was happy to read it again and actually review it this time!

1:39 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: yeah you got me to read Gothic but there's little sci fi out there that I care to read, and you know me, I want to read what I want to read not what I have to read!... so I'm good with your other two challenges! lol... more then I ever thought I'd do!

Kailana: it sounds good, but I have so much in my tbr pile now I don't know w hen I'll read it ! I've got to ease up on buying!!!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

These all sound like good ones! Hope you enjoy!!!

6:05 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Tink: thanks Tink!

6:11 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I am beyond thrilled that you got The Time Traveler's Wife!!! It's one of my favorite books. And fear not, it's not traditional sci-fi at all. It doesn't even read like sci-fi..it's like there just happens to be time travel. And I've had The Ice Dragon on my wishlist forever! For well over a year now...hope you enjoy it Pat!

9:06 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi baby boy: what isn't your favorite book? lol I have met a number of bloggers who i believe really like the books they read, but I don't think I know anyone who enjoys their books as much as you! You MORE than enjoy them! which makes it so special!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I hear ya! Some day when the story Ass-Hat Magic Spider by Scott Westerfield is available online I will try to get you to read it though. What the story is about, and it is a short one, is definitely something that I think would appeal to you. Or if you are ever wanting to kill time in a bookstore, pick up the Starry Rift anthology in the teen section and read it really quick. Okay, commercial has ended.

BTW, saw some really cool Inkheart trailers this weekend.

1:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: well.. the title sure is interesting! lol I will try to remember to look into it next time I go to Barnes and Noble. got to keep saying Starry Rift over and over... the mind is going you know!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home