My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Very Own Award

First, I want to thank everyone who commented on my "older Generation" post..  I really am not sleeping well and I know part of it is stress... the rest is probably old age!  I will be calling AARP this week and I'll let you know the outcome.  I probably will take whatever I have to... it just means less money to be able to feel human.  But somehow I will do without this or that and still buy books and still go to my few autograph shows each year... if I didn't do that I wouldn't be human at all .. thank you all very much, it did help writing it and hearing what you all had to say.

Now.. on to an award that CJ awarded me!

  

Check it out!  This is my award! 

The Dardos Award is in appreciation of the merits - culturally, literary and individually- of every blogger who expresses him/herself on his/her blog.

The conditions are to:
Be tickled pink,
copy and paste the award picture to your blog,
write down the regulations,
link the blog who bestowed you the award,
and finally nominate 15 blogs for the award.

Ok, so it's not an Oscar or SAG award, but it's a good one just the same!!

I've already put the award on my side bar, and I guess I am supposed to bestow it on 15 others.. I hate doing that because if I didn't think the blogs I read were valued I wouldn't read them!  (and a number of people feel obligated to pass it on and have the same difficulties, and more). 

If I were to "name some names"  I would surely give one to my newly discovered "sister" Cath, who resides across the pond.  The more Cath and I talk/ comment in each others blogs the more I find myself writing "me too!" and it escalates from there.  Of course we have our differences but I do so enjoy her blog and especially when she treats us to photos she has taken while on holiday.  I do enjoy seeing the England that I will never get to see in person.   ok, never say never.. that I doubt I will ever see in person.

I'd, of course, include my "adopted son" Chris for his joy and enthusiasm he brings to his blog.  It's been a long time since I have met anyone who so enjoys the books he reads, and life in general.  He's one of the few who can make me smile despite myself.

And Carl, who through his wonderful book reading blog as broadened what I read!  Yes, yes, Carl , who really got me back on the road of reading would have to have the award!!

Of course Nymeth would get one.  Her blog is a joy to read.  Even when she talks of books that I know I wouldn't read, her writing makes me read her blog!  She's also to blame for many books I've sent for on Amazon! :o)

And then there would be LadyTink, who single handedly is trying to get young people to realize that the old movies are worth watching!  I love to hear her joy when she writes about discovering an old movie or talks about the actors that mainly only the elderly know.  It does my heart good to know the old movies are not forgotten.

Then there is Debi.  She juggles home schooling, and  a husband and still manages to read books other than those she has to for the schooling!  I remember once, being able to juggle so many things at once, but know I couldn't do that anymore.  It amazes me, but at the same time I hope she takes some time for herself, because no one should totally give up their life for their family.. there needs to be a little time to recognize your own self.

Kailana (Kelly) is a young lady from Canada who reads well above the norm.  I think I met Kelly through Carls Challenge and have enjoyed her writings ever since.

And I couldn't forget Becky... she's a reading machine!  It's incredible to me that anyone can read as many books as she reads!  She's great! Her reading is very diverse and you can always find something she has read that leads you back to Amazon LOL !!

There are many others, and many that are not book related blogs that I read, like My Everyday Life (Helen) and My Country Life (Donna) These ladies talk about their everyday life. Their trials and tribulations and happy times too, and I've read their blogs since I first started in aol .  And I can't forget Naomi ! She is an artist, a singer, and actress and more! She is friends with some of the most wonderful people that she parties with and shows us photo's of.

Ok so those are just a few.. I read so many more blogs that it would take all day to list them!  Those I did list do not have to accept the award or pass it on.. but know these are some of the reasons I continue to read and blog.. thank you one and all.

13 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Thank you so very much, DesLily!!! I have to say that I've been in one of those "overwhelmed" states the past week, and this morning I was feeling a bit sorry for myself. And I HATE feeling sorry for myself, because I know how truly blessed I am. Your sweet words put a smile on my heart, and now I can go make breakfast with a smile on my face, too!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

I never know what to do with awards; it does put one in a bind, trying to choose who should receive them.

I do thank God for the Internet, which allows us to "meet" all sorts of people while remaining in the comfort of our own homes. We have a whole community of people to whom we can go for advice or companionship at any given time; it's nothing short of miraculous.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Thank you so much, Pat! I feel the same way about your blog. Your posts are always a joy to read, even when they're about movies I haven't seen :P You picked some of my favourite bloggers to pass the award to and I'm thrilled to be in their company :D

7:51 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: well you do amaze me.. I didn't have the easiest time raising 2 sons but I didn't home school! I can't imagine adding "teacher" to the many hats a "housewife/ mother" already wears!

Dona: me either lol I am not a happy camper trying to pick out of the blogs I read..and yet it would be a horribly long post if I listed them all! and obviously, I read everyone everyday so I can't say one is better than the other.. they are just different from each other.

Nymeth: well, the old movies are not known to many people.. it's partly why i do them.. i want people to know they are missing some fantastic actors and wonderful movies. That and, for someone my age, they bring back good memories.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Thanks Pat! I think it was probably Carl's challenge that lead me to start reading your blog, too, but I can't remember! Hope you are enjoying your week!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Aw! Thank you ever so much! I really ought to have listed bloggers when I recieved this award the first time but I wasn't feeling up to it. If I had, you would have definitely got it from me too!

PS: Watched another old movie for the first time today: Disney's The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men. It was SO good!!!

11:00 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kelly: Oh I'm sure it was Carls blog.. he's the reason I met most of the book bloggers! lol

Tink: I am not fond of listing names like this..I mean, other than lurkers I know who reads my blog. no one comments all the time or we'd never get anything done! I think we spread ourselves out fairly well. it makes sense that you like the blogs you read all the time lol..

11:06 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Just in case what I said sounded wrong, I love that you post about old movies! And you do often make me think I have been missing out.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Hey, Sis, thank you! I feel very chuffed to get a mention. Yours is one of the best blogs around too, always something interesting to read, lovely pics etc. I don't feel like such a weirdo loving the entertainment industry as I do because it's clear you love it too. Plus, of course, all the book recs I pick up. Am hooked on In the Woods, been reading it all afternoon in fact, except when I've been asleep. LOL!

12:18 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: you absolutely said nothing "wrong" lol..

Cath: lol very chuffed eh? lol that's the first I've heard that word when it's not connected to a tiger! lol.. did you know tigers "chuff" when they are happy?? lol Glad you are enjoying In the Woods. hearing you say that is making me want to read Touchstone again lol.. I don't really want a new mystery..but one i know i enjoyed is ok lol.. Only on page 58 in dickens lol..but still like it! just got busy today doing a little cleaning and laundry and made oatmeal cookies for david.. he's been hinting for a week now lol lol..

12:25 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I couldn't be happier to be in such fabulous company. Thank you so much for including me with the rest of these awesome bloggers. I'm very touched! (and not just in the head!) ;)

I look at those names, including yours, and know that I am so blessed to be a part of this community.

6:58 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Carl: well hell.. i do believe this community came around because of you and your challenges! My blog list grew ten fold (more) just reading reviews the first time you did the fantasy challenge and grew from there!!

7:03 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

woohoo!! I definitely would've given you this award too had I decided to pass it on :p I'm horrible at doing those things though. I'm glad I can make you smile every now and then :) By the way, I just got 28 more books in the mail! LOL...just kidding...I actually went a day with NO BOOKS IN THE MAIL! Can you believe it??

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home