My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

T.V. News

Well.. I am still reading Dickens so I still don't have a book review!   It's slow going but, Dickens' writing is making sure I stick with it!

So..

There have been two things taking over the news lately.

One is about snow in London.  Yes, we are actually getting news from across the pond!  First it was just that they have had more snow than they have had in over twenty years and brought the city nearly to a halt.  Then there was the man skiing up and down the sidewalks of London. 

And today.. well today they show that the folks in London made a 500 pound snowball and rolled it down a hill! lol..  Love it when adults act like kids!  But I think we all would do something like that if we (who have snow every year) didn't, and then suddenly we did!   It has been enjoyable seeing "news" that hasn't depressed the heck out of me!!

The second thing that is on the news every day and every night is the lady who had 8 babies. 

It bothers me that they talk about things before they know the entire story and so, people like myself start forming opinions based on partial information. 

I do have to say though.. on the dribble of information they are telling us, that it does bother me that a young lady, who is not married, and has 6 children under the age of 8 would have eggs put into her to have more babies, even if it wasn't supposed to be this many.

True, it's not my life and not my problem, but since it's shoved in my face day after day I do find it hard to think that this lone woman can both financially and emotionally take care of 14 children all under 8 yrs old.    It bothers me that some doctor saw fit to put 8 live eggs into an unwed mother of 6 !!  (No, I don't mean to say one "has to be married", but there is no talk of a boyfriend/ mate living with and helping this young lady.. so no matter what her work is.. it is still only one income.)

I realize that having 8 babies at once is going to hit the news.  But I can't say I like hearing about it day after day.  A follow up is welcome.. just not everyday.

Oh and after all of that.. we had another 3 inches of snow yesterday.  It was strange that it only amounted to 3 inches since it snowed all day long!  It was peaceful watching it... especially when it wasn't making me run out to shovel!

11 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

One day last week it snowed all day here, and we only ended up with a half-inch.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Heheh. Just watched the vid. That's an amazing number of people there. I can't thelp thinking you'll all be thinking we're nuts here in the UK!

The woman with the 8 babies when she already has 6 kids... crazy. And if there's no mention of a partner then I'm assuming it's American tax payers who will foot the bill? Like you, I can't help but feel it isn't right.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

We got a lot of snow yesterday! Fun stuff... I am not sure what the official number was, though.

And, I never heard about the babies... That's pretty crazy!

12:40 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Donna: I find that strange don't you? Other times the inches add up really quickly!

I loved that they managed to make a 5 foot snowball LOL...
unfortunately you are probably right about the tax payer paying. Even people who have a nice home and job can't afford the care the premature babies are getting and need!.. and that's before they leave the hospital!

12:57 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

not doing well here lol.. hit the wrong thing.. that second paragraph is for Cath..

Kelly: snow is great if you don't have to do anything but play in it!!
and yep... more than crazy!

1:00 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

That's one of the many reasons I've started to avoid the news on TV - it's overkill and they spend way too much time telling the same three facts over and over again...

That woman seems to me like she has some sort of psychological problem, ya know? I did hear that she is a CPA and has several advanced degrees, so perhaps we're not footing the bill... but it bothers me that she's already shopping the kids around to Oprah and the like for a mere 2 million bucks!

cjh

5:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: oh really? Oprah? I hadn't heard that one yet, but it doesn't surprise me.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I also heard that the girl was living in a two bedroom house with her parents already with her kids. I have no idea if it's true or not. I think that doc should have been fixing her so she couldn't have any more babies instead of what he did.
We very seldom get snow here. Yes it was fun watching all those grownups make that snowball. Helen

6:51 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Helen: well, I am at the point where on one hand I'm tired of hearing about it already.. but on the other hand I want to know what will happen with those babies.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've never been able to watch the news because it's mostly so depressing. I get most of the good news online. The weather sure has been acting strange! It was warm enough for t-shirts last week and now it's back to being cold enough for sweaters!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

oh what a wonderful video. I called my husband in to see it and we giggled.

We've been given the impression that the woman was looking to cash in on her multiple births. Not a good reason to have children in a litter.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home