My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Awards and Mail...

I've been remiss about responding to some wonderful gifts..

It seems that Susan at You Can't Have Too Many Books  has given out an award and I was a recipient!

This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

Susan is fairly new to my blog list, but once I found her I do check her blog each and every day.  Not long ago she delighted me with photo's that she took when she visited England, something I had always wished to do myself. 

I also received another award !  (must be something in the air!)

Cj over at My Years of Reading Seriously has given me a sisterhood award!

4. DesLily of Here, There, and Everywhere - Pat is priceless. It's that simple. She's had a rough time lately but has continued to keep putting one foot in front of the other. And it's nice to have someone around here who seems to remember the same things I do!

As with all awards I am to pass it on to 10 others of which I have a very difficult time doing, since I always believe that all the blogs I read on a daily basis deserves all the awards that come along..

This is a very neat award.  I don't know who started it but it has the faint ring of "the sisterhood of the traveling pants" .. and that's pretty nice.

My life hasn't been the best these past few months and especially this last month.  Many things are up in the air for me right now and with much depression, lack of sleep and feeling as if I have some health issues of my own, I'm not always "with it".  And so I apologize for not having responded to these two really great gifts I've been given..

Thank you very much ladies!

*****************************************************

Wow, I actually got books delivered on Monday in time for my version of Bad Bloggers!

 

  The book covers are all beautiful!...

Two out of the three books gives points to Becky!!  That would be Graceling and Wings!

Tuck on the other hand is my own fault..heh.

Well, I'd better get back to the book I am reading... which is none of these! Oh goody.. more on the tbr list!! (I gave up counting!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Congratulations on your awards...you are very deserving!

Becky's going to get a point from me for Graceling one of these days, too...we'll see how long I can resist.

12:46 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Congrats on your awards Pat! They're very well deserved :)

And you got Graceling!! I haven't bought it yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. Maybe you'll be the reason ;) You're right...those covers are great!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved awards :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Well done on the awards, Pat. I would say 'richly deserved'.

I love the cover of 'Wings'. Will go look that up to see if its sounds as good as it looks.

8:12 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Here I was going to tell you not to worry about dealing with the award and you've already done it!

I think about you often, Pat. It seems like the only thing I can think of to say is to keep putting one foot in front of the other...

cjh

10:48 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Debi: geez gave her points went to her blog and put yet another book on my wish list because of her!!

Chris: oh.. i'm surprised! lol.. gosh I love teasing you!

nymeth: thanks nymeth..

Cath: you need to put the sisterhood award on your site..I mean.. we are "sisters" !! I just have a hard time listing names ..I feel bad that it's not everyone ya know?

cj.. trust me that's about all i'm doing.. if it isn't automatic it isn't getting done yet.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats on your awards! If I don't stop hearing about Lawhead's series I just know I'm going to try to order it and I have more library books than I know what to do with!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

You deserve more than awards on blogs Pat, I just wish it were possible to help you out more in this time of your crisis.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home