My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wednesday...

So... I heard this "explosion" that sounded like some sort of firework going off.  I looked out just when a louder, BIGGER explosion went off.  I saw, what looked like, a yellow ball of flame, it sounded like a super BIG firework going off on the ground instead of high in the air.....  in the moment it took me to look outside police were all over the place along with the SWAT team!.. all running around and in our local drug dealers home!

so naturally, since it was daylight yet I grabbed my camera...

 

... I didn't see it, but my neighbor said they had two in handcuffs (might have been these two).

... geez... SWAT team !!  oh yeah.. right.. I feel safe...!  Where's MY bullet proof vest?!!

... if you saw our local "dealer" (tall and skinny, he looks like a good gust of wind would take him away).. this could almost be funny. 

They actually (finally!) brought a drug sniffing dog with them!  Maybe this time he won't be home the next day... maybe.. but somehow I doubt it.

14 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

My goodness, Pat, it's like something out of a TV crime series! Except that they look like soldiers rather than policemen. You take care...

7:06 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

Oh my! I know that you are not looking forward to moving, but when you show us this AND I know you are there alone... Well, I think I'll be happier when you are in a new (and hopefully safer) place!

10:20 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: too bad i couldn't make money at this huh? sheesh

JJ: yup.. waiting to hear if I clear their credit check stuff.. if so it looks like Vero is where I will go...but I will be there alone too..

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eep! *shudders* I do not envy you one bit. That looks/sounds like an awful afternoon. *hugs; sends good thoughts and hopes the credit check stuff gets cleared soon*

1:09 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Good Lord!! That's just crazy! REally...crazy! I hope they put that idiot in jail and you can spend your remaining time in NJ in peace!

2:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

libritouches: yeah I won't miss the excitement thats for sure.. least not THAT excitement!

Chris: I just wonder when they do stuff like that.. i mean they didn't call my house or anyone so IF the idiots began shooting at them.. it would be in my direction! so I guess we are all expendable as long as they do their thing..

2:52 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Eep! Wow that must have been scary. Glad when you're away from that place cause I can't help but worry about you!

6:35 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

tink: thanks tink...it's not the best circumstances thats for sure

6:42 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Good grief Pat. That is so dangerous for you living there. I hope thing will be a lot calmer where you are going. Hugs, Helen

7:33 PM  
Anonymous daniel said...

Unreal ! WOW Pat. Your blogs are
always a good read. Now they are
action-packed as well. I will be
happy when you move !!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I was complaining the other day that the city tore our street up and didn't give us prior notice. Now I feel kind of small.

I giggled cuz your police are orange. What color are the criminals? snicker.

9:25 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is just amazing that these deralers are not locked up and the key thrown away! I can see why you feel the way you do living there...It sure sounds incredibly dangerous!

2:52 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

helen: sometimes I feel like I'm in the war zone~!

daniel:..i like action MOVIES but the real stuff sucks!

Pam: yeah Orange cops lol never crossed my mind! (too busy ducking!)

Naomi: well i've been told they are "small potatoes" so they don't try to catch them really.. this was a "raid" because they were told they were harboring some gang members from a neighboring town (Newark).. or so I heard.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Yikes - that is more than enough excitement to last a lifetime!!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home